Clamps are handy little pieces of gear every shooter should have available in their kit. The images may not be the exact same clamps shown in this article, but it’s a good reference of how i’ve used clamps in the past to mount accessories such as the Zoom H4n.
Here’s a couple of different little clamps to mount your 1/4-20 accessories to a tripod leg, or maybe even a light stand. The first clamp (below) is a recent product which opens to 4cm, is of metal construction, and offers a 1/4-20 male threaded mount which can be used to mount your accessories directly. Starts under $8 dollars/each via eBay (Found Here).
Super Mini Tripod Clamp
This next clamp has been around for a while, one of my favorites, and it’s something that I use in combination of a short Friction Arm. The clamp offers a 1/4-20 thread and 3/8″ thread. Since you’ll need to add an additional friction arm, this is the more expensive solution to clamping your accessories. Starts around $9 dollars/each via eBay (Click Here)
Super Mini Clamp with 1/4-20 & 3/8″ Thread Clamp
Here’s another Mini C Clamp that works equally well with round rods (a.k.a tripod leg/light stand) as well as with flat surfaces like a table. It offers a 5/8″ lightstand mount and a 1/4-20 threaded tip. With a bit of modding, you can remove the lightstand adapter and drill a new hole to mount a ball head for more flexibility. This C Clamp runs about $7.50 US/each via eBay (Click Here)
Mini 1/4-20 Threaded 5/8 Light Stand C Clamp
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Bobby on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Joseph on Great Savings on Sennheiser Wireless Mic Systems
- Emm on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- pixcanfly on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- Annette on Canon Camera Money Piggy Bank
- Dan on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Brian on $31 Dollar Sony A7s Cage PreOrder
- Tery Wilson on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?