Mini Clamps for your 1/4-20 Accessories
January 29, 2013
Clamps are handy little pieces of gear every shooter should have available in their kit. The images may not be the exact same clamps shown in this article, but it’s a good reference of how i’ve used clamps in the past to mount accessories such as the Zoom H4n.
Here’s a couple of different little clamps to mount your 1/4-20 accessories to a tripod leg, or maybe even a light stand. The first clamp (below) is a recent product which opens to 4cm, is of metal construction, and offers a 1/4-20 male threaded mount which can be used to mount your accessories directly. Starts under $8 dollars/each via eBay (Found Here).
Super Mini Tripod Clamp
This next clamp has been around for a while, one of my favorites, and it’s something that I use in combination of a short Friction Arm. The clamp offers a 1/4-20 thread and 3/8″ thread. Since you’ll need to add an additional friction arm, this is the more expensive solution to clamping your accessories. Starts around $9 dollars/each via eBay (Click Here)
Super Mini Clamp with 1/4-20 & 3/8″ Thread Clamp
Here’s another Mini C Clamp that works equally well with round rods (a.k.a tripod leg/light stand) as well as with flat surfaces like a table. It offers a 5/8″ lightstand mount and a 1/4-20 threaded tip. With a bit of modding, you can remove the lightstand adapter and drill a new hole to mount a ball head for more flexibility. This C Clamp runs about $7.50 US/each via eBay (Click Here)
Mini 1/4-20 Threaded 5/8 Light Stand C Clamp
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- Jason on Mounting the DJI Zenmuse X5 to the DJI Inspire 1
- Art Sanchez on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- russell on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Rodney on CAME-TV GoPro 3 Axis Gimbal with Encoders
- T2 on Zeus Cage for Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII Cameras
- Emm on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera
- Brent on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera