MagFilter Bump Test
August 29, 2012
This was a small response video to a YouTube comment suggesting I may have purposely dodged bumping the camera around because the MagFilter could easily fall off. I know that several magnets were used during prototyping and only quality magnets were chosen for the final product.
Also to clear other questions up, the metal ring on the camera ‘is not magnetic’. It’s just a thin metal ring that adheres to the front of the camera. The magnets are ‘inside’ of the Polarizer filter. Another thing to note is that magnets are completely safe to use around LCD screens and your SDHC or Compact Flash media cards.
Also, the two available sizes from the MagFilter System cover a wide range of cameras. If you’re unsure about which filter will fit your camera, you can Download and Print a Template to test on your camera (here).
Download MagFilter System Template
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- Jason on Mounting the DJI Zenmuse X5 to the DJI Inspire 1
- Art Sanchez on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- russell on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Rodney on CAME-TV GoPro 3 Axis Gimbal with Encoders
- T2 on Zeus Cage for Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII Cameras
- Emm on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera
- Brent on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera