The fact that the Canon 60D uses the same batteries as the 5D Mark II & Canon 7D was both a blessing and a curse. For those who already had these batteries, it’s nice not having a different set of batteries and charger to add to your gear list. A single OEM LP-E6 will run you well over $70 dollars. For those who are looking to buy extra ones, prices on aftermarket LP-E6 batteries seem to have inflated. There was one brand on Amazon that dropped their decoded (chipped batteries that communicate with camera to show battery life) batteries down to $18.00 dollars, but now brought them back up to $60 bucks!. Yeah they know that there’s a new market out for these batteries after the Canon 60D release.
If you don’t care about the battery meter, there’s plenty of Aftermarket LP-E6 batteries that run around (2)pcs. for $15 dollars. Very very cheap, but they will need their own charger. It’s not suggested these be charged on the OEM charger. I think I have 6 of those myself which still run to this day, and are probably a year old or more.
There’s two brands on Amazon for ‘decoded’ batteries still showing around $22 dollars, and a few Aftermarket LP-E6 Decoded Batteries on eBay for around $15.00 each.
I was still waiting for more reviews on these items to see if they will actually work well and hold up as good batteries, and if the battery meter really works. A friend of mine has a wedding lined up on 10/10/10 – of course the most popular wedding day this year, and so he’s invested into the Maxtek Replacement Li-ion Battery For Canon. He’s had it a short while and seems to work exactly like OEM, and charges on the OEM charger (can’t do this with un-chipped batteries). I’ve asked him to give us a demo video of the batteries in use, but he says they work exactly the same. This battery is compatible with the Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Canon 60D.
Decoded Batteries Starting at $15.00
2x Un-chipped LP-E6 starting at $15.00
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- eikerir on New Samyang 50mm T/1.5 Cine Lens
- juan on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo
- nate on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo
- Bento on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo
- Q on Correct Tripod Mount Alignment with GH3 / GH4 Battery Grip
- Joseph on Save $500 Now BlackMagic Design Production 4K Instant Rebate
- Liszon on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo
- julian on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo