LP-E6 Decoded Battery Prices
September 30, 2010
The fact that the Canon 60D uses the same batteries as the 5D Mark II & Canon 7D was both a blessing and a curse. For those who already had these batteries, it’s nice not having a different set of batteries and charger to add to your gear list. A single OEM LP-E6 will run you well over $70 dollars. For those who are looking to buy extra ones, prices on aftermarket LP-E6 batteries seem to have inflated. There was one brand on Amazon that dropped their decoded (chipped batteries that communicate with camera to show battery life) batteries down to $18.00 dollars, but now brought them back up to $60 bucks!. Yeah they know that there’s a new market out for these batteries after the Canon 60D release.
If you don’t care about the battery meter, there’s plenty of Aftermarket LP-E6 batteries that run around (2)pcs. for $15 dollars. Very very cheap, but they will need their own charger. It’s not suggested these be charged on the OEM charger. I think I have 6 of those myself which still run to this day, and are probably a year old or more.
There’s two brands on Amazon for ‘decoded’ batteries still showing around $22 dollars, and a few Aftermarket LP-E6 Decoded Batteries on eBay for around $15.00 each.
I was still waiting for more reviews on these items to see if they will actually work well and hold up as good batteries, and if the battery meter really works. A friend of mine has a wedding lined up on 10/10/10 – of course the most popular wedding day this year, and so he’s invested into the Maxtek Replacement Li-ion Battery For Canon. He’s had it a short while and seems to work exactly like OEM, and charges on the OEM charger (can’t do this with un-chipped batteries). I’ve asked him to give us a demo video of the batteries in use, but he says they work exactly the same. This battery is compatible with the Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Canon 60D.
Decoded Batteries Starting at $15.00
2x Un-chipped LP-E6 starting at $15.00
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Aputure DEC Remote Wireless Follow Focus Canon EF Lens Adapter – First Examples
- Stu Morgan on Aputure DEC Remote Wireless Follow Focus Canon EF Lens Adapter – First Examples
- Dmitri Tsitelauri on Over 40% OFF AJA CION 4K/UHD and 2K/HD Production Camera
- Emm on CAME-TV 7800 3-Axis Gimbal Overhauled Now All Tool-Less Balancing
- SameGame on Over 40% OFF AJA CION 4K/UHD and 2K/HD Production Camera
- Ema on CAME-TV 7800 3-Axis Gimbal Overhauled Now All Tool-Less Balancing
- Apostolos on Over 40% OFF AJA CION 4K/UHD and 2K/HD Production Camera
- Dave Grant on Over 40% OFF AJA CION 4K/UHD and 2K/HD Production Camera