Life After Death – Steadicam Vest
January 4, 2012
Preparing for a last minute shoot today, I found my Steadicam Merlin Vest had cracked on the upper chest piece. Crap. The quick fix for me today was to use the top portion of the Konova Vest and mate it with the Steadicam Merlin Arm (which is held on with the waist area). There was a bit of hackery, drilling, and modding, but it managed to all come together in the end. The reason I needed to stick with the Steadicam ISO Arm is because the rig I had already built up was fairly lightweight. The Konova requires a good payload to be effective, but the Steadicam arm can be dialed to fly lighter sleds. So for today’s shoot i’m Frankenstein-ed out with a vest that consists of a Konova Chest Piece, Steadicam Arm, and Glidecam sled…
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Harry on Panasonic GH4 4K Camera $-200 OFF
- Emm on Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder w Stereo Mics 4 XLR Inputs
- Alex Talis on Panasonic GH4 4K Camera $-200 OFF
- Emm on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Emm on CAMETV 7500 with GH4 + Rokinon Fisheye Lens
- Emm on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Petter Sand on CAMETV 7500 with GH4 + Rokinon Fisheye Lens
- AO&JO Photography on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?