iPhone LED Ring Light on Phocus Case
October 31, 2012
Phocus (previously known as OWLE) sent over this case for me and I thought it would be a fun product to share since (especially as of late) I receive emails about various iPhone Video Rigs. The Phocus is a case for the iPhone 4/4s that allows you to add 1/4-20 accessories and a single hot shoe accessory. The iPhone needs to be removed from a phone case in order to slide in to the Phocus. The reason for this is to align the iPhone camera directly to the adapted lens for the sharpest results. It is a very snug fit which will also cause problems if you are using an iPhone screen protector.
Overall a great kit if you’re a die hard iPhone Videographer. I have not found many other cases to fit such a niche that adds a hotshoe and tripod mounts to an iPhone, but a basic kit can run close to $100 dollars. The Phocus Kits are available in different bundles that come with a set of 2-3 lenses. Personally, I find the most useful lenses are the Macro for better close-up photography, and the wide angle lens for a wider field of view in video mode. The lenses are threaded so that you can attach optional filters and here i’ve found use for a Yongnuo Macro LED Ring Light. Information about the products can be found below.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Aputure DEC Lens Adapter + Wireless Follow Focus for Canon EF to Sony E-Mount and MFT
- Charlie on Aputure DEC Lens Adapter + Wireless Follow Focus for Canon EF to Sony E-Mount and MFT
- Steven on Auto Pan Video Head with Parallax Video Slider Add-On Track
- Emm on Upgraded CAME-MINI2 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer from CAMETV
- Chris on Upgraded CAME-MINI2 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer from CAMETV
- Joe G. on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC
- Tom on Varavon Wirecam Cable Cam System with DJI Ronin-M Gimbal
- Emm on Varavon Wirecam Cable Cam System with DJI Ronin-M Gimbal