ikan Recoil DSLR Camera Stabilization
August 25, 2010
Looks like Ikan has a new product in their website called the ‘Recoil’ for Camera Stabilization. Let me emphasize that I like Ikan, I really really really like Ikan. They make some really good products and I like how they are really stepping into the DSLR accessories market, but this ‘Recoil’ product might not be a good marketing move. This ‘Recoil’ product newly released by ikan for $79.95 has been around for quite some time as the $20.00 dollar shoulder support in DSLR world. It has already been popularized by many ‘big big big’ websites, so not many people will find this as a new product. My oldest article post dates back before November of 2009, and even I had my share of tweaking this shoulder support rig found in this article: http://cheesycam.com/a-s-s-implants-how-to/. I’m glad Ikan is stepping into more products for DSLR shooters, but this one product is released a little late and a little too pricey.
One thing I was keeping my eye on from Ikan was their Ikan fly Pack DSLR Support Kit. It’s like a Fig rig, DSLR cage, LCD monitor, LED light, battery packs, some magic adjustable arms, you name it it’s all in the bag ready to shoot your next DSLR event coverage. It’s a great idea that just needed a bit more marketing behind it. Jump over to the link at bhphotovideo.com to get more information.
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- Jason on Mounting the DJI Zenmuse X5 to the DJI Inspire 1
- Art Sanchez on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- russell on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Rodney on CAME-TV GoPro 3 Axis Gimbal with Encoders
- T2 on Zeus Cage for Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII Cameras
- Emm on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera
- Brent on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera