The new GoPro HERO3 cameras are a world apart as far as performance features from the previous HERO2 cameras, but all of the new bells and whistles caused a few reliability issues. I (like many others) have often experienced issues of the HERO3 Black Edition freezing up to where I need to pull the battery out to reset the camera. This wasn’t a big deal for me especially when on dry land, but while out in the ocean snorkeling, there’s no easy way to pull your camera out of the housing without getting the camera soaked.
If you haven’t caught the news, there’s a GoPro HERO3 Software update that not only claims to improve ‘reliability’ of the camera, but also enhance the performance. If any of you get the chance to field test this new firmware let me know what the results are. I’m hoping to hear that this new firmware update will resolve those ‘freezing up’ issues. Head on out to the GoPro website for the firmware following the link (HERE).
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Robert A on Register for Group Buy Deals and Exclusive Discounts
- DomSim on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- keri on Cyber Monday LED2000 Bi-Color Special – Dracast
- Tiko on Varavon Wire Cam Demo Video
- Emm on Register for Group Buy Deals and Exclusive Discounts
- Emm on Atomos Shogun 4K Recorder/Monitor + PowerStation Solution
- T22 on Atomos Shogun 4K Recorder/Monitor + PowerStation Solution
- Todd on Register for Group Buy Deals and Exclusive Discounts