Gini DSLR Cages – Non Standard Threads
February 28, 2012
The very early DSLR Cages from Gini supported standard 15mm rods, and basic 1/4 x 20 threads. In the last few weeks, there’s been dozens of comments regarding some major changes in his designs that no longer support Industry Standard mounts. WTF Gini? There’s no real rhyme or reason, other than he might be working on future ‘proprietary’ accessory mounts that you’d probably have to pick up from him. So I would stay clear from any of the cages, but luckily his DSLR rigs are still the best deal for the quality and Industry Standard. (Click here to see Gini DSLR Cage Designs)
Ironic that something like this could happen, because I have had in my hands the final designs for the new PNC (photographyandcinema.com) DSLR Cages. I posted an article about these cages earlier here: http://cheesycam.com/pnc-dslr-cage-brackets/. These new cages (industry standard of course) will have be offered in very affordable version, and one with a little more machine work and feature set.
If you’re shopping for a nice quality affordable DSLR cage, you might steer clear of the Gini (non-standard) designs, and hang tight for the new PNC stuff coming out soon. Make sure to follow me on Twitter when that’s announced…
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- Jason on Mounting the DJI Zenmuse X5 to the DJI Inspire 1
- Art Sanchez on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- russell on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Rodney on CAME-TV GoPro 3 Axis Gimbal with Encoders
- T2 on Zeus Cage for Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII Cameras
- Emm on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera
- Brent on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera