So the goal was to modify this Steadicam Smoothee for lightweight cameras, but it was surprising to see it fly my Canon 5D Mark II + 50mm F/1.4 Lens. Getting back to the real reason for the mod, I tested out a smaller setup with the GH2 + 20mm Lens (total 1.2lbs). It took about 6.8oz of counterweight, but she balances just fine. In fact, I really think Tiffen should offer something like this for all the new smaller lightweight cameras coming out. If they can keep the price about the same, they’d make quite an impact. There’s some additional information in the video about the Quick Release mount and Counterweight attachment.
If you’re late to the party, you can find all the build information on modding a Steadicam Smoothee for your small cameras in the previous article (here).
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- getem on New Samyang 50mm T/1.5 Cine Lens
- ak on NEW: Kamerar QV-1 LCD View Finder Kit (QB-15 Quick Base)
- Emm on Cheap LAV Mics For DSLR Video
- Adali on Cheap LAV Mics For DSLR Video
- K C on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer
- Dennis L. Sørensen on Canon EF Lens Speed Booster Adapter for Micro Four Thirds
- Steve on Cinegear 2014 – Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 GH4 Cameras
- Robert_Ob on Canon EF Lens Speed Booster Adapter for Micro Four Thirds