GH2 on Baby Merlin (modded Smoothee)
January 31, 2012
So the goal was to modify this Steadicam Smoothee for lightweight cameras, but it was surprising to see it fly my Canon 5D Mark II + 50mm F/1.4 Lens. Getting back to the real reason for the mod, I tested out a smaller setup with the GH2 + 20mm Lens (total 1.2lbs). It took about 6.8oz of counterweight, but she balances just fine. In fact, I really think Tiffen should offer something like this for all the new smaller lightweight cameras coming out. If they can keep the price about the same, they’d make quite an impact. There’s some additional information in the video about the Quick Release mount and Counterweight attachment.
If you’re late to the party, you can find all the build information on modding a Steadicam Smoothee for your small cameras in the previous article (here).
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Marius on Balancing Panasonic GH4 on CAME-MINI 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Jim on DJI Ronin DIY Gimbal Support BackPack $90 Dollars or Less
- Steven on Auto Pan Video Head with Parallax Video Slider Add-On Track
- Emm on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Josh on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- steven tom on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Food Biker on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Terry_mickie on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like