For those of you shooting with the BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera [or looking into the Production Camera 4K], here’s a quick and closer look at F&V’s new BMC Cage. Assembly is pretty simple, and the final product fits nicely around the BMCC without obstructing any of the ports, doors, buttons, or screen.
At approx. 1/2″ thick frame, the cage is rock solid and thick enough to mount accessories to any of the available 1/4-20″ or 3/8″ threaded holes over the top and along the sides. The frame can be adjusted to a wider setting if you need additional clearance around the sides. Unfortunately neither the Base or Advanced Kits come with a set of 15mm rails, so you’ll need to provide your own.
Although there are cheaper BMCC cages available, I would say the build quality of this new F&V BMC Cage is at a very professional level, could easily match any of the more expensive brand names, yet the F&V BMC Cage Base Unit starts at just $369. More information about the BMC Cage (found here).
F&V BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera BMC Cage
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Sandisk Announces Largest SDXC Card in the World - 512GB
Updated Daily - Deals on Lenses, Cameras, Audio, and more.
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- stephen on New F&V LED Ring Light vs 600 LED Panel Comparison
- Emm on Fhugen Honu v2.0 Cage for Sony A7s (A7/A7r)
- Tim Naylor on Fhugen Honu v2.0 Cage for Sony A7s (A7/A7r)
- Emm on Glidecam HD1000 DSLR Video Stabilizer Demonstration
- Michael Aers on Glidecam HD1000 DSLR Video Stabilizer Demonstration
- David on Sony FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS Lens
- Derrick on DIY Build Videos – CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on DIY Build Videos – CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer