F&V BlackMagic Cinema Camera Cage – BMCC Cage
October 22, 2013
For those of you shooting with the BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera [or looking into the Production Camera 4K], here’s a quick and closer look at F&V’s new BMC Cage. Assembly is pretty simple, and the final product fits nicely around the BMCC without obstructing any of the ports, doors, buttons, or screen.
At approx. 1/2″ thick frame, the cage is rock solid and thick enough to mount accessories to any of the available 1/4-20″ or 3/8″ threaded holes over the top and along the sides. The frame can be adjusted to a wider setting if you need additional clearance around the sides. Unfortunately neither the Base or Advanced Kits come with a set of 15mm rails, so you’ll need to provide your own.
Although there are cheaper BMCC cages available, I would say the build quality of this new F&V BMC Cage is at a very professional level, could easily match any of the more expensive brand names, yet the F&V BMC Cage Base Unit starts at just $369. More information about the BMC Cage (found here).
F&V BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera BMC Cage
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- Jason on Mounting the DJI Zenmuse X5 to the DJI Inspire 1
- Art Sanchez on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- russell on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Rodney on CAME-TV GoPro 3 Axis Gimbal with Encoders
- T2 on Zeus Cage for Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII Cameras
- Emm on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera
- Brent on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera