For those of you shooting with the BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera [or looking into the Production Camera 4K], here’s a quick and closer look at F&V’s new BMC Cage. Assembly is pretty simple, and the final product fits nicely around the BMCC without obstructing any of the ports, doors, buttons, or screen.
At approx. 1/2″ thick frame, the cage is rock solid and thick enough to mount accessories to any of the available 1/4-20″ or 3/8″ threaded holes over the top and along the sides. The frame can be adjusted to a wider setting if you need additional clearance around the sides. Unfortunately neither the Base or Advanced Kits come with a set of 15mm rails, so you’ll need to provide your own.
Although there are cheaper BMCC cages available, I would say the build quality of this new F&V BMC Cage is at a very professional level, could easily match any of the more expensive brand names, yet the F&V BMC Cage Base Unit starts at just $369. More information about the BMC Cage (found here).
F&V BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera BMC Cage
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Digislider Motion Control Time Lapse Motorized Slider Kit Demo
- Rey on Yongnuo YN-300 LED Video Light
- Dan Eckert on Digislider Motion Control Time Lapse Motorized Slider Kit Demo
- damon on New ePhoto R-640 LED Video 18 Inch Ring Light
- mike_tee_vee on NEW DJI Phantom Vision+ Quadcopter Setup for First Flight
- Armando Ferreira on CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal First Impression and Demo Video
- Gray on DIY Build 32 Bit Version CAME 7000 3 Axis Brushless Motor Gimbal Stabilizer
- Patrick on Tuning PID Settings for Varavon Birdycam GH4 Camera