Firmware updates for the Canon 550D / T2i fixes aperture movement with some lenses.
They also have a firmware update for the Canon EOS 1D Mark IV for the same fix.
This appears to be the problem I first experienced with my Canon 5D Mark II and they are getting around to updating the other cameras. Not a huge deal, I’ve mainly experienced this with my original 100mm Macro USM F/2.8 lens and i’m assuming it’s the same. If you’re using the new Hybrid 100mm Macro 2.8 with IS, you’d probably never know. Doesn’t seem to be a ‘must have’ firmware fix unless you’re doing lots of Macro work with the older Macro lenses.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Sandisk Announces Largest SDXC Card in the World - 512GB
Updated Daily - Deals on Lenses, Cameras, Audio, and more.
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- stephen on New F&V LED Ring Light vs 600 LED Panel Comparison
- Emm on Fhugen Honu v2.0 Cage for Sony A7s (A7/A7r)
- Tim Naylor on Fhugen Honu v2.0 Cage for Sony A7s (A7/A7r)
- Emm on Glidecam HD1000 DSLR Video Stabilizer Demonstration
- Michael Aers on Glidecam HD1000 DSLR Video Stabilizer Demonstration
- David on Sony FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS Lens
- Derrick on DIY Build Videos – CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on DIY Build Videos – CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer