Firmware updates for the Canon 550D / T2i fixes aperture movement with some lenses.
They also have a firmware update for the Canon EOS 1D Mark IV for the same fix.
This appears to be the problem I first experienced with my Canon 5D Mark II and they are getting around to updating the other cameras. Not a huge deal, I’ve mainly experienced this with my original 100mm Macro USM F/2.8 lens and i’m assuming it’s the same. If you’re using the new Hybrid 100mm Macro 2.8 with IS, you’d probably never know. Doesn’t seem to be a ‘must have’ firmware fix unless you’re doing lots of Macro work with the older Macro lenses.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Minu on New Samyang 50mm T/1.5 Cine Lens
- Emm on New Samyang 50mm T/1.5 Cine Lens
- Daniel Hughes on New Samyang 50mm T/1.5 Cine Lens
- Samuel on Opteka FFR-900 Motorized Follow Focus Zoom Control
- Jonas on New Samyang 50mm T/1.5 Cine Lens
- Emm on 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers Now with Auto Tuning PID Settings Firmware Upgrade
- osiris Majestic on 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers Now with Auto Tuning PID Settings Firmware Upgrade
- Emm on CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal First Impression and Demo Video