Firmware updates for the Canon 550D / T2i fixes aperture movement with some lenses.
They also have a firmware update for the Canon EOS 1D Mark IV for the same fix.
This appears to be the problem I first experienced with my Canon 5D Mark II and they are getting around to updating the other cameras. Not a huge deal, I’ve mainly experienced this with my original 100mm Macro USM F/2.8 lens and i’m assuming it’s the same. If you’re using the new Hybrid 100mm Macro 2.8 with IS, you’d probably never know. Doesn’t seem to be a ‘must have’ firmware fix unless you’re doing lots of Macro work with the older Macro lenses.
Like Subscribe Follow
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- MAGEtv on Deal: Mini Telescoping Video Crane Jib $169
- Archie on Panolapse – Panoramic Panning Software for Time Lapse Video
- Josh on World’s Fastest Zoom Lens Available to Order – Sigma 18-35mm F/1.8
- Jordan Thornsburg on DIY Pitchfork Pod – Monopod
- guy01 on Zoom H6 Digital Portable Handy Recorder with Modular Mic / Input
- MJ on DIY Pitchfork Pod – Monopod
- guy01 on Panolapse – Panoramic Panning Software for Time Lapse Video
- Steven O on Panolapse – Panoramic Panning Software for Time Lapse Video
B&H Photo Video
New Zoom H6