12Dec Feelin’ the Shortage?
LED video lights are great not only because they are well diffused, durable, and generate low heat for close encounters. They also have a huge advantage when it comes to power requirements. If you’ve ever been out to a location shoot with some super hot tungstens, or HMI’s you’ll have to calculate the wattage of each head and seperate them into different power outlets so you’re not blowing out fuses and circuit breakers. Blowing out the power in your location is bad news, and just brings things to a halt. Just one of the things you’ll learn in Film School Lighting. Now that prices for LED tech has dropped, the cheap LED video panels I showed a while back pretty much flew off the shelves. It definitely seemed like it, but after talking to a few sources, it appears that the popular LED Video panels are now at a worldwide shortage. Looks like there is so much demand the manufacturer can’t keep up. Part of the shortage is because many big name companies have bought these panels in huge amounts rebranding and marking up prices. Hopefully you’re not depending on these things being available when your next project comes around, as they are slowly disappearing as we speak.
If you’re a DIY type and are looking to save a few bucks, you might take a peek at some already assembled inexpensive LED light panels that comes complete with an AC power adapter. They are powered via 24v, so not too difficult to come up with a portable power solution as well. All you’ll need is to come up with some type of light stand mount, and you should be good to go.
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on New XCAM Sabre 2013 Mini Stabilizer
- jsfilmz on New XCAM Sabre 2013 Mini Stabilizer
- Guillaume on First Impression – CAME 5000 3-Axis Brushless Motor Gimbal Video Stabilizer
- marklondon on First Impression – CAME 5000 3-Axis Brushless Motor Gimbal Video Stabilizer
- Emm on First Impression – CAME 5000 3-Axis Brushless Motor Gimbal Video Stabilizer
- Jordan on First Impression – CAME 5000 3-Axis Brushless Motor Gimbal Video Stabilizer
- Emm on Tilta BMPCC BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera Cage
- John on Tilta BMPCC BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera Cage
Black Friday Deals - Advertisement