Eye-Fi Mobile X2 – Direct Mode
April 17, 2011
What is Eye-Fi? It’s an SDHC card with built in wireless capabilities to send the photos or videos directly to a computer or uploaded to the Internet (originally). Well with Eye-Fi’s new Direct Mode on the Mobile X2 SDHC card, your camera will automatically send the image from your camera directly to your Tablet or SmartPhone via an Ad Hoc network (directly). This includes iPads, iPhones, and Android devices. You’ll need to configure the card’s wireless settings (just one time), and then from there it’s all gravy. The new Mobile X2 is available now, and older X2 cards might get this feature via a firmware update. This totally simplifies the workflow for Photographers that often use this wireless tethering technique to view images with their iPads for a full blown view on Exposure and Color Balance. Heck, might be a good way to dial in your video exposure settings too.
Yeah I know what you’re thinking. Only cameras with SDHC so what about Compact Flash shooters? From what I remember, the cards even work with Compact Flash to SDHC adapters. Keep in mind that by using this technique you’ll be dropping the speed rating down enough that the camera might not be able to shoot HD video. Of course still photos should hold up pretty well. Check out some of the adapters below.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- krys on NAB 2015 – Fotodiox Expands Flapjack Edge lit LED Light Product Line
- Adrian on Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC Memory Card Deals
- itsjohnny on Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC Memory Card Deals
- Louis on RodeLink Wireless Microphone Kits Begin Shipping
- bz on RodeLink Wireless Microphone Kits Begin Shipping
- Andreas on RodeLink Wireless Microphone Kits Begin Shipping
- Rich Greb on NAB2015 – Filmpower Nebula 4000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- getem on NAB 2015 SHAPE Introduces New Atomos Shogun Cage System