Above is a Demo Reel from DynamicPerception.com, a company that offers motorized motion control sliders primarily used for Time-Lapse Photography. The latest product added to their line is the Stage One slider (found here). Unlike most sliders that have to be purchased as a set length, the Stage One slider can be broken down to 21″ sections that will allow you to fit the equipment into standard Airline Carry-on sized luggage when traveling.
Dynamic Perception shipped over the Stage One Motorized Slider kit with an MX2 Controller, and without checking the online documentation, I was able to dive in, assemble, and figure out the basic functions. If you follow their extensive online support documentation and instructional videos, I feel anyone should be able to tackle this piece of equipment.
It is designed to be used with stands and offers a 5/8″ light stand mount, 3/8″ mount, or 1/4″ tripod mounts. The Stage One does not come with legs or feet, so you’ll need to keep it elevated slightly to operate. I’m hoping they will offer some type of adjustable legs, similar to what the Konova or Varavon sliders offer. It’s very well crafted and designed to to readily accept optional accessories for more advanced use. The basic (non-motorized) kit comes with (4) 21″ rails that can be assembled into a 42″ slider (additional rails can be purchased to extend the slider further).
I have plans to take this kit out to CES Las Vegas in January, so hopefully I can have some interesting footage to share soon after the trip. Even if you’re not ready to tackle Time-Lapse just yet, I suggest taking a look at some of the informational video tutorials covering How to shoot HDR Timelapse, setting up Shoot-move-Shoot (InterLeave), Time-lapse video post processing, Time Remapping, and more. There’s also amazing Time-Lapse Video examples submitted by customers to help inspire your next time-lapse project over at DynamicPerception.com.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Close Look Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 / GH4 Cameras
- Adam Jeal on Close Look Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 / GH4 Cameras
- Emm on Unboxing CAME 7500 Ready To Run 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Rodney White on Unboxing CAME 7500 Ready To Run 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- fugenie on Close Look Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 / GH4 Cameras
- Emily Weiss on Close Look Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 / GH4 Cameras
- Emm on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer
- Claus Andersen on Mitakon Lens Turbo Nikon to MFT M43 Micro Four Thirds Adapter