If you’re looking to get Razor Sharp focus on a DSLR, this post is for you! I’ve posted about Loupes before, but this Hoodman is just jumping off as the best price + features.
If you’re not familiar with a LCD Loupe, it covers the LCD on your camera so you can not only see better color and contrast, but it will magnify the LCD so you can see pixel for pixel what’s in focus and what’s not. Nothing like poor focus to ruin good video footage. Plus it adds ‘more looks per hour’ to your mojo.
I’ve been reviewing quite a bit of different LCD loupes and personally own the LCDVF. The LCDVF is a great looking product that ties in nicely with the color scheme of Canon L lenses, but it lacks some features found on the Zacuto Z-Finder. The Hoodman has been around for quite some time, but it seems they’ve been putting alot of emphasis on video DSLR’s. The Hoodman HLPP3 Hoodloupe Pro bundle with Eye cup is a perfect bargain because it comes in cheaper than other Loupes, and has more options than the LCDVF. This Hoodman comes with a diopter for those who have ‘less than perfect vision’, and actually straps to the camera. The Z-finder and LCDVF use a magnetic frame which you can easily knock the loupe off the camera (i’ve done it many times). I wished I held out a bit longer now, but maybe I’ll just pick up a second. Check out the link below and get your’s while they’re in stock. With the new T2i out, i’m sure it will sell out very quickly.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- brandon on $31 Dollar Sony A7s Cage PreOrder
- Tom on $31 Dollar Sony A7s Cage PreOrder
- Daniel Hughes on $31 Dollar Sony A7s Cage PreOrder
- Emm on $31 Dollar Sony A7s Cage PreOrder
- Ryan G on $31 Dollar Sony A7s Cage PreOrder
- Emm on How To Perform 6 Point Calibration IMU Sensor for 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Lee on How To Perform 6 Point Calibration IMU Sensor for 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?