DIY Single Slider Stand
September 26, 2011
When you’ve got yourself a fairly long slider (usually over 4ft.), it will often require one very very heavy tripod, or two simple lightweight stands. There’s also a few sliders that ALWAYS require two stands, like JuicedLink’s latest DIY slider. Rod’s DIY solution is to use a single ironing board that is quick to setup, can adjust to various heights, fold flat, and is dirt cheap. [Thanks Rod] Keep note that you’ll probably require some level ground as each corner is not adjustable.
If you’re concerned about aesthetics, another cheap solution that mimics the same folding and height adjustment features as an ironing board is a musicians keyboard stand (as found below).
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Tiyaga MiniGimbal Tips Inverted Mode, Briefcase Mode, and Gimbal Stands
- Emm on PVGear 3 Way 15mm Rod Base Plate for DSLR or Mirrorless Video Cameras
- David Zung on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Tim Ciasto on Tiyaga MiniGimbal Tips Inverted Mode, Briefcase Mode, and Gimbal Stands
- Dylan on PVGear 3 Way 15mm Rod Base Plate for DSLR or Mirrorless Video Cameras
- mike_tee_vee on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit
- Erik K on Final Days – Savings on Manfrotto Video Products
- Emm on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit