DIY Single Slider Stand
September 26, 2011
When you’ve got yourself a fairly long slider (usually over 4ft.), it will often require one very very heavy tripod, or two simple lightweight stands. There’s also a few sliders that ALWAYS require two stands, like JuicedLink’s latest DIY slider. Rod’s DIY solution is to use a single ironing board that is quick to setup, can adjust to various heights, fold flat, and is dirt cheap. [Thanks Rod] Keep note that you’ll probably require some level ground as each corner is not adjustable.
If you’re concerned about aesthetics, another cheap solution that mimics the same folding and height adjustment features as an ironing board is a musicians keyboard stand (as found below).
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on How To Perform 6 Point Calibration IMU Sensor for 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Sara on How To Perform 6 Point Calibration IMU Sensor for 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Bower 16mm T/2.2 Cine Lens and Vanguard Auctus 323AT Tripod Deal
- Aberracus on Bower 16mm T/2.2 Cine Lens and Vanguard Auctus 323AT Tripod Deal
- Southerndude on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s
- Scott S on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Marc olo on NAB 2014: Big Balance Handheld Gimbal Stabilizers
- Cheese Cadet on Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder w Stereo Mics 4 XLR Inputs