DIY LED Light Panel from Flexible LED Strips
September 29, 2011
YouTube member DTapeProductions writes in and shares their DIY LED Light panel using LED light strips. Of course you can’t exact daylight temperature, and who knows if it can be properly color corrected with filters. Outside of that, it’s actually quite ingenious if you think of the price + possibilities. As mentioned in the video, these uber cheap super bright LED lights can be used for accents, instead of the use of colored gels. It would be interesting to see them finish that 1200 LED panel. [Thanks Ross]
Flexible with adhesive backing, these strips are also found in waterproof versions. They are available in a variety of colors from Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, White, and Warm White. Often found as the colorful under lighting of cars since they run at 12V. It will run you about $3-4 dollars / 1M (3ft = 60 LED count) found below.
If you’re looking to make those 12V LED lights dimmable, this 12V PWM designed for LED lighting should work.
PWM Dimming Controller For LED Lights or Ribbon, 12 Volt 8 Amp, 3301
[Update] Chris drops a comment and mentions that if you’re not the strong silent soldering type of guy, then there are a variety of connectors available for Flexible LED strips. Check out some of the options available below that will allow you to bend the strips, or join them directly for longer runs. All found on eBay below (click here).
Flexible LED Strip Connectors
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
- DIY Flexible LED Strip Lighting » CheesyCam
- DIY LED Light – Flexible LED Light Strip Wrapped On Can » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Ryan on Z1 Rider Mini 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer for GoPro Cameras Review and Sample Footage
- Hogo on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Chas on Auto Pan Video Head with Parallax Video Slider Add-On Track
- Mike_Rea on Aputure DEC Lens Adapter + Wireless Follow Focus for Canon EF to Sony E-Mount and MFT
- deceres on Best Quadcopter for 2015 – DJI Phantom 3 or 3DR Solo Smart Quadcopter?
- Efren on Self Balancing Two Wheel Scooter – Segway Like
- Herbert_r on Zoom H1 Battery Drain?
- Bryan on How to Balance a Glidecam , Steadicam, Flycam DSLR Stabilizer