A honeycomb grid on your flash helps direct and concentrate light, and depending on the design of the honeycomb you can even achieve a very tight spotlight. YouTube member CAMPHOTOPIX shares his DIY grid build that is based on a bunch of cut straws. I’m not sure where this first started from, but it’s an old DIY build that even I have tried years ago. It’s very effective and you can customize the length of the straws for different effects. I also like his use of neoprene material for a very snug fit.
These grids were very expensive a few years ago, but if you lack the patience, you can now find similar style honeycomb grids for less than $13.00 dollars shipped. You can find them in 1/8″ and 1/4″ honeycombs on eBay (click here).
Honeycomb Flash Grid Speedlite
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Antz on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- PATRICK LOCKERMAN on Proaim’s New BasePlate for ViewFinder
- Saskatoon Wedding Films on News Release: Libec New for NAB 2014 ALLEX Tripod + Head + Slider
- Emm on CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal First Impression and Demo Video
- Emm on Correct Tripod Mount Alignment with GH3 / GH4 Battery Grip
- Danny Schmidt on Correct Tripod Mount Alignment with GH3 / GH4 Battery Grip
- Daniel Hughes on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Fe on Correct Tripod Mount Alignment with GH3 / GH4 Battery Grip