DIY HoneyComb Speedlight Grid
May 25, 2012
A honeycomb grid on your flash helps direct and concentrate light, and depending on the design of the honeycomb you can even achieve a very tight spotlight. YouTube member CAMPHOTOPIX shares his DIY grid build that is based on a bunch of cut straws. I’m not sure where this first started from, but it’s an old DIY build that even I have tried years ago. It’s very effective and you can customize the length of the straws for different effects. I also like his use of neoprene material for a very snug fit.
These grids were very expensive a few years ago, but if you lack the patience, you can now find similar style honeycomb grids for less than $13.00 dollars shipped. You can find them in 1/8″ and 1/4″ honeycombs on eBay (click here).
Honeycomb Flash Grid Speedlite
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Seema on GoPro HERO4 Overheating Battery BacPac Test 3 – Surprise it may be your Camera
- peter on Varavon Limited Time ‘Hot Deals’ Save Hundreds on Select Items
- Marina on New CAME-TV 7800 Version 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Varavon Wirecam Cable Cam System with DJI Ronin-M Gimbal
- kicap on Varavon Wirecam Cable Cam System with DJI Ronin-M Gimbal
- Ron on Panasonic DMC-G7 4K Video M43 Mirrorless Camera + FREE $249 AudioTechnica AT8024 Shotgun Mic DEAL
- Emm on New CAME-TV 7800 Version 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- robert on Varavon Wirecam Cable Cam System with DJI Ronin-M Gimbal