DIY HoneyComb Speedlight Grid
May 25, 2012
A honeycomb grid on your flash helps direct and concentrate light, and depending on the design of the honeycomb you can even achieve a very tight spotlight. YouTube member CAMPHOTOPIX shares his DIY grid build that is based on a bunch of cut straws. I’m not sure where this first started from, but it’s an old DIY build that even I have tried years ago. It’s very effective and you can customize the length of the straws for different effects. I also like his use of neoprene material for a very snug fit.
These grids were very expensive a few years ago, but if you lack the patience, you can now find similar style honeycomb grids for less than $13.00 dollars shipped. You can find them in 1/8″ and 1/4″ honeycombs on eBay (click here).
Honeycomb Flash Grid Speedlite
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Tom on NAB 2015 BlackMagic Design Ursa Mini 4.6K
- lolicht on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card
- Ant on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card
- Rushdi Baharum on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- chaouchnabil on CAMETV 8000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer Supports Large and Heavier Camera Systems
- Ivan on Top Reasons to use BlackMagic Design Intensity Extreme Macbook as HDMI Preview Monitor
- Apostolos on NAB 2015 BlackMagic Design Ursa Mini 4.6K
- kicap on Tilta Armorman Gimbal Support Vest