21Apr DIY GoPro Hero Flat Lens
While the world is waiting for GoPro to release it’s Flat Lens Dive Housing, there have been other companies already selling some solutions. While those solutions aren’t warrantied by GoPro and will cost you an extra dime, this clever little solution from Jomol will save you a few bucks as a workaround. For this you’ll need the extended LCD back housing that gives you a bit of room to turn the GoPro Hero camera backwards inside the housing. Beats trying to make one yourself and risk water leakage. What I like about this idea is that you can probably cut a few colored gels to help you get some better white balance underwater. If you’re not up to speed about the issues of Underwater video with the GoPro, check out this article here: http://cheesycam.com/gopro-underwater-blurfix-flat-lens-kit/
You’ll get this special back piece when purchasing the GoPro Hero LCD BacPac Kit. Jomol claims images are sharp and has no obstruction in all field of views. Downside is you won’t be able to use an LCD for framing a shot, but that’s nothing new since the LCD was only a recent optional accessory. [Thanks Jomol]
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- digitalcyclops on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Emm on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- kicap on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Gary on GoPro HERO4 Overheating Battery BacPac Test 3 – Surprise it may be your Camera
- Rob S. on Huge Discounts on Edelkrone Modula Systems
- mad on Huge Discounts on Edelkrone Modula Systems
- Emm on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Jeff on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?