Youtube member Sitha Puth shares his DIY built to power a GoPro Hero3 from a Canon LP-E6 battery. Instead of powering the unit from the USB port, he’s decided to craft up a power source from a Canon LP-E6 battery plate, step down converter, and GoPro dummy battery AC DC Adapter.
The build comes just in time with the new Protune 2.0 FIrmware Update packed with features that makes the GoPro Hero3+ (black edition) feel like an entirely new camera. Here’s the build video.
Eventually Sitha will mount this to an inexpensive GoPro Hero Cage (he currently has on order). His build leaves access to all ports along the side of the Hero3 / Hero3+ camera so that you have full access to the Microphone input for better audio capture, or HDMI port for video output.
[Update Videos with Instructions on Build]
Here are the products in use.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- vincent on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- M. Sirgany on Fixing Random Hot or Dead Pixels
- Dez on DJI Ronin DIY Gimbal Support BackPack $90 Dollars or Less
- Marlon on Upgraded CAME-MINI2 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer from CAMETV
- Dimitris on 1000w Lighting – Don’t try this at home
- Steve on Sony DSC-RX10 II 4K Video Camera Now In Stock
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE RAW Uncut Unedited Footage