Youtube member Sitha Puth shares his DIY built to power a GoPro Hero3 from a Canon LP-E6 battery. Instead of powering the unit from the USB port, he’s decided to craft up a power source from a Canon LP-E6 battery plate, step down converter, and GoPro dummy battery AC DC Adapter.
The build comes just in time with the new Protune 2.0 FIrmware Update packed with features that makes the GoPro Hero3+ (black edition) feel like an entirely new camera. Here’s the build video.
Eventually Sitha will mount this to an inexpensive GoPro Hero Cage (he currently has on order). His build leaves access to all ports along the side of the Hero3 / Hero3+ camera so that you have full access to the Microphone input for better audio capture, or HDMI port for video output.
[Update Videos with Instructions on Build]
Here are the products in use.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Apostolos on Over 40% OFF AJA CION 4K/UHD and 2K/HD Production Camera
- Dave Grant on Over 40% OFF AJA CION 4K/UHD and 2K/HD Production Camera
- g-dot on Over 40% OFF AJA CION 4K/UHD and 2K/HD Production Camera
- Konova Peter on Konova Tripod Stability Arm for Video Sliders
- Emm on NEW CAME-TV SINGLE Pistol Grip Gimbal Stabilizer and CAME-MINI Version 2 Tool-Less Gimbal
- Johnny on NEW CAME-TV SINGLE Pistol Grip Gimbal Stabilizer and CAME-MINI Version 2 Tool-Less Gimbal
- Rob S. on Benro Aero S2 & S4 Travel Tripods and New BV4 and BV6 Video Tripods
- Dan K. on Benro Aero S2 & S4 Travel Tripods and New BV4 and BV6 Video Tripods