Youtube member Sitha Puth shares his DIY built to power a GoPro Hero3 from a Canon LP-E6 battery. Instead of powering the unit from the USB port, he’s decided to craft up a power source from a Canon LP-E6 battery plate, step down converter, and GoPro dummy battery AC DC Adapter.
The build comes just in time with the new Protune 2.0 FIrmware Update packed with features that makes the GoPro Hero3+ (black edition) feel like an entirely new camera. Here’s the build video.
Eventually Sitha will mount this to an inexpensive GoPro Hero Cage (he currently has on order). His build leaves access to all ports along the side of the Hero3 / Hero3+ camera so that you have full access to the Microphone input for better audio capture, or HDMI port for video output.
[Update Videos with Instructions on Build]
Here are the products in use.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- damon on New ePhoto R-640 LED Video 18 Inch Ring Light
- mike_tee_vee on NEW DJI Phantom Vision+ Quadcopter Setup for First Flight
- Armando Ferreira on CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal First Impression and Demo Video
- Gray on DIY Build 32 Bit Version CAME 7000 3 Axis Brushless Motor Gimbal Stabilizer
- Patrick on Tuning PID Settings for Varavon Birdycam GH4 Camera
- Emm on NEW DJI Phantom Vision+ Quadcopter Setup for First Flight
- allout tee on NEW DJI Phantom Vision+ Quadcopter Setup for First Flight
- Matt on Disable Embedded YouTube AutoPlay in Videos