DIY Custom 1080p HDMI LCD Monitor Mount in Pelican Case
March 20, 2014
Here’s on of my random ideas that just keep expanding. For one of my projects, I needed a large full 1080p monitor for my BlackMagic ATEM Switch in order to view 8 camera feeds at the same time. Since each feed is in it’s own little window, I was also looking for something fairly big (at least 20″), not too expensive, and can be powered through batteries.
For this project I ended up putting an AOC 23″ 1080p IPS LCD monitor with HDMI input inside a Pelican case which runs off of 12V, and means I can use it through battery power. Originally I just planned to put it up against the hood, but this meant not being able to get to the back of the monitor to hook up my HDMI cables and power plug.
Now that i’ve added a monitor arm, I can easily get to the back of the screen and tilt it to different angles.
When this project is complete, it will have straps to secure the monitor into the hood, and will further be supported by extra foam when the case is closed up. I chose a large Pelican 1650 Rolling Hard Case since i’ll need the extra room to store extra equipment with this setup including hundreds of feet of SDI cables.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Cheesycam Group Buy – Varavon BMPCC Armor Cage + 15mm Rod Kit + External Battery Power Bundle
- Henk Leerssen on Panasonic LX100 First Random Test Video Samples
- Robert A on Register for Group Buy Deals and Exclusive Discounts
- Jeff on Cheesycam Group Buy – Varavon BMPCC Armor Cage + 15mm Rod Kit + External Battery Power Bundle
- DomSim on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- keri on Cyber Monday LED2000 Bi-Color Special – Dracast
- Tiko on Varavon Wire Cam Demo Video
- Emm on Register for Group Buy Deals and Exclusive Discounts