For those who may still be intimidated about tackling a DIY 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer, I am working on a video series sharing my step-by-step build instructions for this new 32 Bit version 3 Axis CAME 7000 Gimbal Stabilizer using the latest official Alexmos and Basecam controller. In the video you can see where i’m at just 1 day after receiving the product.
I haven’t spent a lot of time with the new gimbal, but already I know this is going to be a much more stable product over the previous 8 bit version. So far i’m able to get my GH4 + 12-35mm lens balanced on the system, but i’ll need more time fine tuning my PID settings.
The good news is that CAME-TV.com is working on providing default PID settings for many popular camera + lens combinations. As soon as you get your Gimbal assembled, you would basically upload the profile into the gimbal via USB and you’re up and running. Let’s hope we see those profiles soon! I currently have 5 videos started and just a few more before I can start uploading the series which i’m hoping could be a good reference for other builders.
Since some of you have already received your gimbal, here’s a video tip that’s part of my build process on mounting a project box to the gimbal. It’s a simple way to create a template for drilling out holes that will align perfectly with your mount.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- John M on NAB 2015 Dracast PLUS Series LED Light Panels
- Emm on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit
- Emm on Bluetooth Module and Winbook 7″ Tablet for Configuring SBGC Alexmos Gimbal Controllers
- Emm on NEW CAME-TV SINGLE Pistol Grip Gimbal Stabilizer and CAME-MINI Version 2 Tool-Less Gimbal
- seenematic on NAB 2015 Lensse Dual Follow Focus S5
- Matt on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit
- Matt on Bluetooth Module and Winbook 7″ Tablet for Configuring SBGC Alexmos Gimbal Controllers
- Jacob on NEW CAME-TV SINGLE Pistol Grip Gimbal Stabilizer and CAME-MINI Version 2 Tool-Less Gimbal