DIY BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera Battery Cable
February 10, 2014
I just wanted to make this video to clear a few things up for those who don’t know how to power up the (BMPCC). Any 12V battery will work, in fact they say any 12V-20V battery will fine to power and charge up the BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera.
Just two little pieces you can pick up, requires no soldering, and you’re pretty much ready to go to connect your BMPCC to most common 12V batteries. Just to make sure you have the correct polarity (positive in / negative out), here’s the cable i’m using below.
And to simplify things even more, here’s a barrel tip adapter used for most common DC battery outputs with clear icons representing Negative / Positive, and requires no soldering.
5.5×2.5 DC Barrel Tip
Here’s a link to those inexpensive 12V CCTV batteries as well.
12V Super battery
These little iPhone clips run under $2 Dollars. Handy for a few things.
iPhone SmartPhone Tripod Clips
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- John M on NAB 2015 Dracast PLUS Series LED Light Panels
- Emm on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit
- Emm on Bluetooth Module and Winbook 7″ Tablet for Configuring SBGC Alexmos Gimbal Controllers
- Emm on NEW CAME-TV SINGLE Pistol Grip Gimbal Stabilizer and CAME-MINI Version 2 Tool-Less Gimbal
- seenematic on NAB 2015 Lensse Dual Follow Focus S5
- Matt on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit
- Matt on Bluetooth Module and Winbook 7″ Tablet for Configuring SBGC Alexmos Gimbal Controllers
- Jacob on NEW CAME-TV SINGLE Pistol Grip Gimbal Stabilizer and CAME-MINI Version 2 Tool-Less Gimbal