DIY BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera Battery Cable
February 10, 2014
I just wanted to make this video to clear a few things up for those who don’t know how to power up the (BMPCC). Any 12V battery will work, in fact they say any 12V-20V battery will fine to power and charge up the BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera.
Just two little pieces you can pick up, requires no soldering, and you’re pretty much ready to go to connect your BMPCC to most common 12V batteries. Just to make sure you have the correct polarity (positive in / negative out), here’s the cable i’m using below.
And to simplify things even more, here’s a barrel tip adapter used for most common DC battery outputs with clear icons representing Negative / Positive, and requires no soldering.
5.5×2.5 DC Barrel Tip
Here’s a link to those inexpensive 12V CCTV batteries as well.
12V Super battery
These little iPhone clips run under $2 Dollars. Handy for a few things.
iPhone SmartPhone Tripod Clips
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Dustin on Convert Old Sony NPF L Series or LP-E6 Chargers to External Battery Power for Sony A7s etc
- Victor on REMOVU R1 Live View Remote for GoPro HERO3 / HERO3+ / HERO4
- Jim on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- wideofilmowanie lublin on REMOVU R1 Live View Remote for GoPro HERO3 / HERO3+ / HERO4
- Dragan Bozorovic on 2 Minutes of Uncut Video Footage Demo DIY 3-Axis MiniGimbal Kit
- Lester on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s
- Scott on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Emm on Z1 Rider Mini 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer for GoPro Cameras Review and Sample Footage