DIY BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera Battery Cable
February 10, 2014
I just wanted to make this video to clear a few things up for those who don’t know how to power up the (BMPCC). Any 12V battery will work, in fact they say any 12V-20V battery will fine to power and charge up the BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera.
Just two little pieces you can pick up, requires no soldering, and you’re pretty much ready to go to connect your BMPCC to most common 12V batteries. Just to make sure you have the correct polarity (positive in / negative out), here’s the cable i’m using below.
And to simplify things even more, here’s a barrel tip adapter used for most common DC battery outputs with clear icons representing Negative / Positive, and requires no soldering.
5.5×2.5 DC Barrel Tip
Here’s a link to those inexpensive 12V CCTV batteries as well.
12V Super battery
These little iPhone clips run under $2 Dollars. Handy for a few things.
iPhone SmartPhone Tripod Clips
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on How To Perform 6 Point Calibration IMU Sensor for 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Sara on How To Perform 6 Point Calibration IMU Sensor for 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Bower 16mm T/2.2 Cine Lens and Vanguard Auctus 323AT Tripod Deal
- Aberracus on Bower 16mm T/2.2 Cine Lens and Vanguard Auctus 323AT Tripod Deal
- Southerndude on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s
- Scott S on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Marc olo on NAB 2014: Big Balance Handheld Gimbal Stabilizers
- Cheese Cadet on Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder w Stereo Mics 4 XLR Inputs