Double camera straps are definitely my choice. Having two cameras is faster than swapping lenses. Normally I have a 24-70mm on one side, and a 70-200mm on the other. I’ve had the Black Rapid double straps for quite some time now. At the time, it was the best thing I could find on the market, but I guess it’s just a matter of time before someone else ‘builds a better mousetrap’.
Rod sends in his review of the new CarrySpeed CS-Double straps, and there’s no doubt it’s definitely beefier than the BR’s. The new CarrySpeed CS-Double padding looks pretty sweet too. Not very much padding over on the BR side. It’s some rubber bubble type padding called Octopads to aid in grip and said to deter sweat by allowing air to vent. (I don’t sweat much, not a problem for me).
Of course the real deal maker is a quick release adapter that still allows access to the tripod mounting hole – something my BR double strap totally lacks.
A tripod mount on a quick release adapter? Yeah this makes total sense. Even though these straps are convenient to carry two cameras, most pros still need quick access to a tripod or monopod. While the BR straps will run you around $130, the CarrySpeed CS-Double will only run you a nice
$70 US. Actually just checked and the CS-Double is on sale right now for $54. [Thanks Rod]
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Cheap LAV Mics For DSLR Video
- Adali on Cheap LAV Mics For DSLR Video
- K C on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer
- Dennis L. Sørensen on Canon EF Lens Speed Booster Adapter for Micro Four Thirds
- Steve on Cinegear 2014 – Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 GH4 Cameras
- Robert_Ob on Canon EF Lens Speed Booster Adapter for Micro Four Thirds
- Archie on Canon EF Lens Speed Booster Adapter for Micro Four Thirds
- Jerome Demers on NEW DJI Phantom Vision+ Quadcopter Setup for First Flight