Crocolis HD Extreme Sports Camera?
October 30, 2011
Check out the first image (above left). That image definitely depicts this as a true “Extreme Sports” camera in my book. LOL. In the last month, there’s more people talking about a fairly new Crocolis HD Sports Camera. In full 1080p mode, it has quite an almost normal 140 degree FOV (field of view) which is quite nice if you want something a bit different than the super wide fisheye look. I’m not sure what’s going on in the beginning of this video (below), but jump on in at about 0:37 seconds, and you’ll see some very clear and sharp underwater footage from this camera (no flat lens adapter required).
The HD Sports action camera has a 1.5″ TFT LCD screen, rechargeable Li-Ion battery, built in microphone, claims a whopping 16 megapixel (still photo), video resolutions and frame rates in 1080p @30fps/25fps, 720p@60fps/30fps/25fps, and QVGA@30fps/120fps, a 4x Zoom. Behind a rear door you’ll find a mini HDMI port out, 3.5mm Microphone input, USB 2.0. The camera is waterproof in it’s own housing. In the same bundle package are necessary cables, and adapters for a variety of sports mounting solutions.
Example on RC Helicopter – best viewed in HD
Now Crocolis is doing an excellent job with marketing and brand recognition, but there’s other names this camera falls under. If you can locate this under it’s most basic name, you’ll find it at a much cheaper price. You can find some of these HD video cameras on auction following the link (click here)
1080p 720p Sports Underwater Action Video Camera
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s
- A.Matos on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Arnaud on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s
- stevep on Dual Operator Setup Idea for BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Cameras
- Emm on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
- Mark on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
- Koichi Sakaguchi on Dual Operator Setup Idea for BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Cameras
- Emm on How To Perform 6 Point Calibration IMU Sensor for 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer