The Panasonic GH3 camera pretty much runs me all day on a single battery. In fact we covered several products at NAB 2014 without ever having to swap out a battery during the conference. Still if you think you need to use the Panasonic GH3 battery grip for extra battery life, you’ll quickly find that the Tripod Mounting hole is thrown completely off center with Panasonic’s OEM battery grip.
This is problematic when using your cage, rails, and other accessories that require optical alignment with the lens. That’s where this new Battery Grip Adapter comes in handy from Marketech.
The Battery Grip Adapter for Panasonic GH3 & GH4 Cameras from Marketech is a slim, rectangular accessory that mounts on the bottom of the Panasonic DMW-BGGH3 battery grip, and provides a 1/4″-20 tripod mount that is located directly underneath the lens. This matches the position of the camera’s own 1/4″-20 mount, as opposed to that of the grip’s 1/4″-20, which is shifted to the right. The adapter is constructed from durable Delrin acetal resin. It connects to the grip via the attached, free-spinning, standard 1/4″-20 slotted screw, the same type found on many tripod plates.
If the GH3 battery grip is compatible with the GH4, then this product claims to correct the issue with the new #GH4 as well. You can find the Panasonic GH3 Battery Grip Adapter via B&H (click here).
Battery Grip Adapter for Panasonic GH3 Cameras
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- VanWeddings on Canon EOS 7D Mark II 1080p 60
- Bkpr100 on Magic Carpet – Camera Slider + Motion Control
- joots on F&V BlackMagic Cinema Camera Cage – BMCC Cage
- Emm on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer – New Folding Design
- Matthew on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer – New Folding Design
- Bruce Lemieux on Panasonic DMC-LX100 4K Compact Camera In Stock
- sonu on DIY Gimbal Stabilizer Support Backpack
- Han on Sony RX100 Mark II Portable Macro Setup