Here’s a look at how the new Cineroid Retina Display EVF4RVW looks mounted up to a BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera. It’s expensive no doubt, but I decided to pick up this EVF and replace the SmallHD DP4 EVF and Zacuto EVF. The Cineroid has a better display using the same Retina tech as the iPhone, Waveform and Vectorscope Displays, and most important a direct 3G/HD/SD-SDI (BNC) + HDMI input (and pass through) to support the BMCC. On this particular EVF i’m also using the Red Fleece Oval Large Eye Cushion.
Blue Star Eye Cushion for LCD View Finders
I didn’t want to dive into the features on my own video, since there was one already available that shows off some of what this EVF is capable of and how it can help you when shooting video on just about any camera from the BMCC to smaller GH3 or Canon DSLRs. Even if you are not interested in EVFs, the video below is a good explanation of monitor features in general to help you understand what Zebra, False Color, Peaking, Waveform and Vectorscope displays are used for and why some monitors will cost more than others.
This will not replace my larger monitors in every situation, but it will replace other small EVFs i’m currently using. It is very helpful to use an EVF with the BMCC, but even more useful when shooting with DSLRs because you have to try to nail your color and exposure as best as possible. Compressed footage will not have the same latitude to adjust later in post processing.
Even though I went ‘balls out’ on the most expensive Retina Display version, Cineroid also makes EVFs that are less than half the price I paid. You can get more information other Cineroid products available at B&H following the link (click here).
Cineroid Retina Display EVF with HDMI HD-SDI Loop Through
For reference i’ve mounted the BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera into a O-Ring Rig Kit. It’s originally designed for DSLR cameras, but it works well to add a top handle,, 15mm rails, and several new mounting points for accessories. You can find that rig via eBay (Click Here).
DSLR O-Ring Rig Kit Handle Support 15mm Rails
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- kicap on Tilta Armorman Gimbal Support Vest
- kuban on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card
- DocHutch on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card
- Steve on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card
- premini on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card
- Nick on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card
- Joseph on NAB 2015 BlackMagic Design Ursa Mini 4.6K
- CarsonWA on New Upgraded CAME-TV 7800 Model Overview