Lens Gear Rings are a necessity with your Follow Focus, but it’s been an issue for me when i’m loaning or renting out my FFs. I like the low profile zip tie gears because they can stay on your lens and take up minimal space, but if someone wants to borrow your Follow Focus, you really can’t just reuse those zip gears. Another problem with low profile zip gears is when your follow focus can’t reach the lens (small lens or battery grip attached).
That’s where the style of these Cinematics Lens Gear Rings come in handy. With 6 different fixed sizes, these gear rings should cover just about any lens in a shooter’s kit, and for smaller lenses it will increase the diameter to reach your follow focus.
There’s a number of companies making the same style in cheaper materials, but Cinematics has great quality in their products. They are standard 0.8 Mod to fit just about every common DSLR follow focus system on the market, and have these available in Black, Red, and Blue. Can be purchased in a bundle or purchased individually for about $11 dollars each shipped. Check them out following the link to eBay (click here).
Cinematics Lens Gear Rings for Follow Focus Systems
Here’s an alternative seller who carries some of these Lens Gears, but (at the time of writing) does not have all the colors available (click here).
Cinematics Lens Gears for Follow Focus
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on RedRock Micro One Man Crew + Kessler Parallax Slider + $10 DIY Version
- Damian on RedRock Micro One Man Crew + Kessler Parallax Slider + $10 DIY Version
- mark fraunhofer on Varavon Slider Crank Handle Upgrade Kit
- Emm on Testing Streaming Video to Wireless Monitor
- Thomas on Steadicam Merlin Vest with Glidecam HD1000 / HD2000 / HD4000 Stabilizers
- Don on Testing Streaming Video to Wireless Monitor
- Emm on Cheap Video Stabilizer Load Vest
- Emm on 2 For 1 Deal – Tascam TH02 Closed-Back Headphones
Black Friday Deals - Advertisement