If you’re looking for a good LAV Mic, go for the Rode LAV which runs $249 dollars. Doesn’t require very much gain, and sounds very clean. The Rode allows you to use an exclusive MiCon adapter that can be swapped to support basic 3.5mm, XLR, and more.
Ok so $250 for a LAV is a hike for many, so on the other end of the spectrum is a few inexpensive LAV mics. One you might have heard about is the Audio Technica ATR3350. The sound is not to be compared to a $250 lav mic, but as long as you have a decent portable audio recorder with enough gain, it works in a pinch. We use this $17 dollar LAV mic quite a bit mainly because of the very very long cord that can be run from the the talent all the way back to the Camera Operator without using a wireless setup.
Another cheap LAV with a 4 star review is the Pearstone OLM-10 Omnidirectional Lavalier Microphone. It’s also designed with a very long cord that can be worn by the talent and run to the camera a good distance away. Currently it’s on sale for the next few days at just over $16 dollars via B&H (click here)
Pearstone OLM-10 Omnidirectional Lavalier Microphone
Another budget LAV mic shared by J Hanna in the comments is the Olympus ME-15. This one does not require batteries like the other two above, and comes with a 3.3ft short cable. You can find this for just over $20 bucks (click here)
Olympus ME-15-LAV Microphone
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Fe on Correct Tripod Mount Alignment with GH3 / GH4 Battery Grip
- Kyle Gordon on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Jesse Brauning on Correct Tripod Mount Alignment with GH3 / GH4 Battery Grip
- Emm on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Apostolos on NAB 2014: Libec ALLEX Tripod Slider Fluid Head Kit
- Juan Pinalez on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Lorenzo on Running Wires through CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal + Project Box Cover
- Steve Ellington on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus