The new Carry Speed VF-3 LCD View Finder does not sit low enough to be used on a camera like the GH2, so the solution would be to raise the camera. Here Scott writes in and shares his DIY mod using two Sima quick release adapters to get the viewfinder to somewhat fit on the GH2 camera [Thanks Scott]. It’s a very close fit, but keep in mind it was never originally designed to work with the GH2 camera.
This DIY solution to raise the camera is basically the same technique I used to mount the Carry Speed VF-3 to my Sony RX100 (seen here) and also used the same method to mount to a Sony NEX-7. For those that aren’t familiar with the Carry Speed VF-3, here’s a great product review from HDSLRNOW.com.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo
- Josh on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo
- CarsonWA on Hyperlapse App Instantly Smooths Hand Held iPhone Time Lapse via Instagram
- getem on New Samyang 50mm T/1.5 Cine Lens
- ak on NEW: Kamerar QV-1 LCD View Finder Kit (QB-15 Quick Base)
- Emm on Cheap LAV Mics For DSLR Video
- Adali on Cheap LAV Mics For DSLR Video
- K C on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer