The new Carry Speed VF-3 LCD View Finder does not sit low enough to be used on a camera like the GH2, so the solution would be to raise the camera. Here Scott writes in and shares his DIY mod using two Sima quick release adapters to get the viewfinder to somewhat fit on the GH2 camera [Thanks Scott]. It’s a very close fit, but keep in mind it was never originally designed to work with the GH2 camera.
This DIY solution to raise the camera is basically the same technique I used to mount the Carry Speed VF-3 to my Sony RX100 (seen here) and also used the same method to mount to a Sony NEX-7. For those that aren’t familiar with the Carry Speed VF-3, here’s a great product review from HDSLRNOW.com.
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Fotga S-450 Hand Held Stabilizer
- Chris W on [Upgraded] CAME 6000 2 Axis Gimbal w/ Side Handles
- Jim on Fotga S-450 Hand Held Stabilizer
- Emm on BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera Sony BP-U60 BP-U30 Battery Adapter
- Alex on BlackMagic Design Cinema Camera Sony BP-U60 BP-U30 Battery Adapter
- james on [Upgraded] CAME 6000 2 Axis Gimbal w/ Side Handles
- Russ Roca on JuicedLink Review Zoom H6, Zoom H4n, Tascam DR-60D, RM333
- Nedd J on Custom Metal Plate In Pelican Hard Case For Monitor Mount