Here’s a quick look at one of the lightest and most portable jibs on the market. This new Carbon Fiber Telescoping Mini Jib/Crane breaks down to fit a 32″ travel bag (less than 3ft.). It’s extremely lightweight with a high quality build and finish. Very smooth operation for any lightweight camera setup, and all parts with anodized coating (not cheap paint).
YES I have had this crane for over a month, and have even been flying the BlackMagic Cinema Camera at full extension. This crane works great for DSLR Video shooters on the run. I will try to get a short video out this week.
The Carbon Fiber Telescoping Mini Crane/Jib comes fully assembled except for the rear counterweight rod. Telescoping poles slide out very easily and are locked in place with large metal knurled textured collars. The rear counterweight rod can be adjusted in or outwards to fine tune balance. A sliding ring can be used to hang other types of weight if you don’t want to travel with the gym style weights.
The benefit to this crane is it’s extended counterweight section that allows you to use ‘less weights’ than other cranes that have a short rear arm requiring a 3:1 counterweight setup. I’m able to fly my Canon 5D Mark III with just a single 5lb + 2.5lb counterweight. The other cranes i’ve used required up to 20-25lbs of counterweight.
Other small 4ft cranes which do not telescope use 3ft up front, and 1ft towards the rear. Since these cranes actually telescope, it can extend up to 4ft up front, and 2ft to the rear – thus requiring less counterweight. When this crane is mounted to my Manfrotto Carbon Fiber Tripod (without center column extended), I can reach approx 9ft in height. Since the crane is adjustable, it’s not always required to use it at full length when working in smaller spaces.
I have seen, tested, and owned other small portable cranes. This new Carbon Fiber Telescoping Portable Mini Crane / Jib is an amazing portable lightweight tool for DSLR Videographers and can be found under $380 eBay (click here).
Carbon Fiber Telescoping MIni Crane/Jib
There is also a (more expensive) aluminum version of this ‘Telescoping’ Mini Crane/Jib design which can also be found via eBay (Click Here)
Aluminum Telescoping Mini Jib / Crane
Live Feed Mini Jibs Available Now – via eBay
Leave a Comment
Nikon 1 J1 with Lens Combo - eBay Daily Deal
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Chris K. on Induro 75mm Hi Hat Tripod + Benro S8 Variable Fluid Drag Video Head
- steve on Induro 75mm Hi Hat Tripod + Benro S8 Variable Fluid Drag Video Head
- Apostolos on Induro 75mm Hi Hat Tripod + Benro S8 Variable Fluid Drag Video Head
- Emm on Induro 75mm Hi Hat Tripod + Benro S8 Variable Fluid Drag Video Head
- Mike on NAB 2014: Varavon Wirecam and Birdy Cam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Scott on Induro 75mm Hi Hat Tripod + Benro S8 Variable Fluid Drag Video Head
- Lance on RigWheels Universal Rail Brackets and PortaRail System
- Rich Greb on Camera Motion Research iFootage Shark Video Slider + Motion Control Head