More specs available for view about Canon’s latest G1X camera. With a sensor almost as large as the Canon 7D and ISO noise rumored to be better using the latest High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor with DIGIC 5 Image Processor (up to 128oo ISO), this will be an interesting camera when you don’t want to carry an interchangeable lens camera or something as stripped down as a pocketable point and shoot.
58mm filter thread available on the lens, optional lens extensions can be mounted (i.e. wide angle), hot shoe to accept external Canon Speedlites, and a waterproof housing will be available also for some underwater action. I was pretty impressed with the video quality on the pocketable S100 with Digic 5 processor, but the S100 does not have an imaging sensor as large as the G1X. I can’t wait to start seeing some samples. You can check out the long list of features on the recently available Amazon pre-order page (click here).
Pre-Order Canon G1 X 14.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera Image Stabilized 1080p
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on RedRock Micro One Man Crew + Kessler Parallax Slider + $10 DIY Version
- Damian on RedRock Micro One Man Crew + Kessler Parallax Slider + $10 DIY Version
- mark fraunhofer on Varavon Slider Crank Handle Upgrade Kit
- Emm on Testing Streaming Video to Wireless Monitor
- Thomas on Steadicam Merlin Vest with Glidecam HD1000 / HD2000 / HD4000 Stabilizers
- Don on Testing Streaming Video to Wireless Monitor
- Emm on Cheap Video Stabilizer Load Vest
- Emm on 2 For 1 Deal – Tascam TH02 Closed-Back Headphones
Black Friday Deals - Advertisement