Some videos show unboxing, but here i’m planning to ‘Re-Box’ Canon’s first mirrorless camera, the EOS-M. I’m sure there will be some comments about how I didn’t really spend enough time to learn the camera, but I honestly don’t see the point. Maybe if this were considered an entry level camera, i’d think twice but Canon wants to charge $800 dollars for this camera. At that price, I expect it to be at the same level as other mirrorless cameras such as the Olympus OM-D, DMC-GH3, or Sony Alpha NEX.
I feel like the mirrorless market is something many professionals are taking seriously, and after so many years of refinement from Panasonic, Olympus, and Sony, I can’t understand what Canon was trying to do here. Sure there’s an adapter to use the massive lineup of HUGE professional EF lenses onto the EOS-M, but why? That not only defeats the purpose of the small form factor, there is also nothing very special about the quality coming out of this camera.
In my opinion, there is just not enough to love on the Canon EOS-M mirrorless to justify the price and not enough accessories or lenses available (at this time). You’re better off grabbing a Canon T3i for about $460 dollars than to spend $800 on something that lacks so much compared to what we’re seeing from other companies. That’s my rant, what’s your opinion on this camera?
Leave a Comment
Nikon 1 J1 with Lens Combo - eBay Daily Deal
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Chris K. on Induro 75mm Hi Hat Tripod + Benro S8 Variable Fluid Drag Video Head
- steve on Induro 75mm Hi Hat Tripod + Benro S8 Variable Fluid Drag Video Head
- Apostolos on Induro 75mm Hi Hat Tripod + Benro S8 Variable Fluid Drag Video Head
- Emm on Induro 75mm Hi Hat Tripod + Benro S8 Variable Fluid Drag Video Head
- Mike on NAB 2014: Varavon Wirecam and Birdy Cam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Scott on Induro 75mm Hi Hat Tripod + Benro S8 Variable Fluid Drag Video Head
- Lance on RigWheels Universal Rail Brackets and PortaRail System
- Rich Greb on Camera Motion Research iFootage Shark Video Slider + Motion Control Head