A short while ago, I discovered a new Canon EF/EF-S Lens Adapter to Sony NEX Camera systems. It’s basic function is similar to the more expensive Metabones adapter in which you can control the electronic iris of the lens natively through the Sony NEX camera body. I have confirmed that it works great on my Sony NEX-7, and here Landon has his own review and confirmation of it working great on the Sony FS700. [Thanks Landon]. As mentioned in the video review below, it’s half the price and also easier to obtain than the metabones product also.
Exciting stuff, but now for a bit of even better news. Recently there’s a new version of this adapter which comes with the much needed Tripod Ring adapter + AUTO FOCUS support. The auto focus is said to utilize the NEX’s inherent Contrast Difference AF, and focusing speed is between Sony’s LA-EA1 and LA-EA2 adapter. But would be a bit slower than original Canon AF. This latest version Auto Focus EF/EF-S lens to Sony NEX adapter can be found via eBay (Click Here).
Canon EF/EF-S lens to Sony NEX Electronic Adapter with Auto Focus Support
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Owen on Canon EF Lens Speed Booster Adapter for Micro Four Thirds
- Emm on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer
- Derrick on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer
- SpartaBear on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo
- nate on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo
- freiheit on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo
- eikerir on New Samyang 50mm T/1.5 Cine Lens
- juan on CAME-TV 8000 Heavy Duty 3 Axis Gimbal with RED Epic Demo