This thing took about 13 days to ship to California, but it’s finally here and i’m pretty impressed. This adapter allows you to mount Canon EF lenses to the Sony NEX camera and control all of the aperture settings natively. I haven’t tried it yet, but it should communicate with the lens and store EXIF information into your photos as well. As you can see from the video it works pretty flawlessly, responds very quick, and build quality is very nice. To enable IS when taking photos, you would hold the shutter half way down – or that’s what I had to do to get it going. During Video Mode, the Image Stabilization is on as soon as you start recording.
I didn’t have much time to test everything as i’m getting ready to fly out for PhotoPlus, but I did try to ‘wig out’ the adapter. When removing the lens while the camera was still powered on, the aperture controls didn’t come back. The adapter does not like hot lens swaps. Simply powering the camera down doesn’t always help, but removing the entire adapter from the camera body and then starting over always works. There is another Metabones adapter out there that can adapt EF lenses to NEX cameras, but it’s about twice the price. I have not had the chance to test this on an FS100 or Sony FS700, but i’m hopeful it should work seamlessly. If you’re shooting on the Sony NEX system, you might want to give this guy a try. You can find this Canon EF Lens to Sony NEX adapter via eBay (Click Here).
Canon EF to Sony NEX Electronic Adapter
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- jan on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Casey on Preorder SLR Magic 50mm F/1.1 Cine Prime Lens for Sony E Mount
- Erik on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime
- Connor on 9.Solutions Innovative Support Rigging Products Finally Available
- Emm on Manfrotto Compatible Quick Release Adapter
- Emm on DIY 3D Printed Filter Clamp for Cinema Prime Lenses WonderPana Filter Holder
- Sidd on DJI Black Friday Deals Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 Pro
- Emm on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime