Canon 5D Mark II firmware 2.0.7
May 25, 2010
Wow, this is totally something i’m not used to. Canon’s 5D Mark II has been out for quite a long time, but with it’s constant demand, here’s another firmware upgrade for additional improvements and fixes. One of the most demanding fixes was the problem initially found after installing the firmware 2.0.4 where the iris of the 100mm Macro lens ‘exhibits abnormal movement’. Yeah I ran into that same problem doing video mode until I upgraded to the 100mm Macro IS USM lens. Glad to see they got that worked out.
This firmware update (Version 2.0.7) incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
1.Fixes a phenomenon in which the aperture exhibits abnormal movement when shooting movies in manual exposure mode and Aperture Priority AE (Av mode) using some Canon lenses (such as macro lenses).
2.Fixes a phenomenon in which the exposure level shown in the LCD panel differs from what is shown in the viewfinder when shooting still images in manual exposure mode.
3.Fixes a phenomenon in which the Wireless File Transmitter (WFT-E4 or WFT-E4 II) may not automatically power off when used for FTP transfers.
These phenomenon only occur with the Version 2.0.4 and Version 2.0.3 firmware.
The Version 2.0.7 firmware being released this time is for cameras with firmware up to Version 2.0.4. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 2.0.7, it is not necessary to update the firmware. You can download the new Canon 5D Mark II firmware 2.0.7 by clicking here: http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/firm-e/eos5dmk2/firmware.html
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
- Mark on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
- Koichi Sakaguchi on Dual Operator Setup Idea for BlackMagic Design Pocket Cinema Cameras
- Emm on How To Perform 6 Point Calibration IMU Sensor for 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Sara on How To Perform 6 Point Calibration IMU Sensor for 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Emm on Bower 16mm T/2.2 Cine Lens and Vanguard Auctus 323AT Tripod Deal
- Aberracus on Bower 16mm T/2.2 Cine Lens and Vanguard Auctus 323AT Tripod Deal
- Southerndude on Homemade Custom Mini Gimbal for Panasonic GH4 or Sony A7s