Canon 5D Mark II firmware 2.0.7
May 25, 2010
Wow, this is totally something i’m not used to. Canon’s 5D Mark II has been out for quite a long time, but with it’s constant demand, here’s another firmware upgrade for additional improvements and fixes. One of the most demanding fixes was the problem initially found after installing the firmware 2.0.4 where the iris of the 100mm Macro lens ‘exhibits abnormal movement’. Yeah I ran into that same problem doing video mode until I upgraded to the 100mm Macro IS USM lens. Glad to see they got that worked out.
This firmware update (Version 2.0.7) incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
1.Fixes a phenomenon in which the aperture exhibits abnormal movement when shooting movies in manual exposure mode and Aperture Priority AE (Av mode) using some Canon lenses (such as macro lenses).
2.Fixes a phenomenon in which the exposure level shown in the LCD panel differs from what is shown in the viewfinder when shooting still images in manual exposure mode.
3.Fixes a phenomenon in which the Wireless File Transmitter (WFT-E4 or WFT-E4 II) may not automatically power off when used for FTP transfers.
These phenomenon only occur with the Version 2.0.4 and Version 2.0.3 firmware.
The Version 2.0.7 firmware being released this time is for cameras with firmware up to Version 2.0.4. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 2.0.7, it is not necessary to update the firmware. You can download the new Canon 5D Mark II firmware 2.0.7 by clicking here: http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/firm-e/eos5dmk2/firmware.html
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Aputure DEC Lens Adapter + Wireless Follow Focus for Canon EF to Sony E-Mount and MFT
- Charlie on Aputure DEC Lens Adapter + Wireless Follow Focus for Canon EF to Sony E-Mount and MFT
- Steven on Auto Pan Video Head with Parallax Video Slider Add-On Track
- Emm on Upgraded CAME-MINI2 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer from CAMETV
- Chris on Upgraded CAME-MINI2 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer from CAMETV
- Joe G. on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC
- Tom on Varavon Wirecam Cable Cam System with DJI Ronin-M Gimbal
- Emm on Varavon Wirecam Cable Cam System with DJI Ronin-M Gimbal