Canon 5D Mark II & 7D – Cheap China Batteries
May 12, 2010
I thought this was old news and everyone was already using these. I purchased these batteries just weeks after the Canon 5D Mark II was announced! Yeah they are pretty old, but still rocking and rollin’. Apparently after posting my aftermarket battery video for the 550D & T2i, I received many questions on the 5DM2 / 7D aftermarket batteries.
So these batteries work differently. They don’t charge on OEM canon chargers, and they don’t display battery life. Other than that they are dirt cheap and work just as long (i think so). I’m also using aftermarket China ‘battery grips’ on both my 5D Mark II & 7D. Prices have gone up a bit. I purchased mine for about $10.00 dollars. The Canon 5D Mark II and 7D use the same type of batteries. I purchased mine from this seller. It’s going for about $14.00 dollars. Click this link to purchase.
Battery Grips for Canon Cameras can be found here:
Canon Aftermarket Battery Grips
- 72MM HD UV PL FLD FILTER KIT FOR CANON 5D 20D 28-135 :Dublinsnapshots
- LP-E6 Aftermarket Batteries » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- jan on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Casey on Preorder SLR Magic 50mm F/1.1 Cine Prime Lens for Sony E Mount
- Erik on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime
- Connor on 9.Solutions Innovative Support Rigging Products Finally Available
- Emm on Manfrotto Compatible Quick Release Adapter
- Emm on DIY 3D Printed Filter Clamp for Cinema Prime Lenses WonderPana Filter Holder
- Sidd on DJI Black Friday Deals Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 Pro
- Emm on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime