I thought this was old news and everyone was already using these. I purchased these batteries just weeks after the Canon 5D Mark II was announced! Yeah they are pretty old, but still rocking and rollin’. Apparently after posting my aftermarket battery video for the 550D & T2i, I received many questions on the 5DM2 / 7D aftermarket batteries.
So these batteries work differently. They don’t charge on OEM canon chargers, and they don’t display battery life. Other than that they are dirt cheap and work just as long (i think so). I’m also using aftermarket China ‘battery grips’ on both my 5D Mark II & 7D. Prices have gone up a bit. I purchased mine for about $10.00 dollars. The Canon 5D Mark II and 7D use the same type of batteries. I purchased mine from this seller. It’s going for about $14.00 dollars. Click this link to purchase.
Battery Grips for Canon Cameras can be found here:
Canon Aftermarket Battery Grips
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
- 72MM HD UV PL FLD FILTER KIT FOR CANON 5D 20D 28-135 :Dublinsnapshots
- LP-E6 Aftermarket Batteries » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Sandisk Announces Largest SDXC Card in the World - 512GB
Updated Daily - Deals on Lenses, Cameras, Audio, and more.
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Cheap Padded Backpack for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Carrying Case
- Andrew on Cheap Padded Backpack for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Carrying Case
- Kenji on Samsung NX1 4K Video Mirrorless Camera
- Luca on Control New Tascam DR-22WL DR-44WL Audio Recorders over Wi-Fi
- Will on Canon Announces new EOS 7D Mark II
- Emm on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors
- Gordon Brown on Aputure DEC Canon EF Lens Adapter Adjust Iris + Wireless Follow Focus
- Alan on MustHD M-701 / M-501 (7 inch / 5 inch) LCD Monitors