I thought this was old news and everyone was already using these. I purchased these batteries just weeks after the Canon 5D Mark II was announced! Yeah they are pretty old, but still rocking and rollin’. Apparently after posting my aftermarket battery video for the 550D & T2i, I received many questions on the 5DM2 / 7D aftermarket batteries.
So these batteries work differently. They don’t charge on OEM canon chargers, and they don’t display battery life. Other than that they are dirt cheap and work just as long (i think so). I’m also using aftermarket China ‘battery grips’ on both my 5D Mark II & 7D. Prices have gone up a bit. I purchased mine for about $10.00 dollars. The Canon 5D Mark II and 7D use the same type of batteries. I purchased mine from this seller. It’s going for about $14.00 dollars. Click this link to purchase.
Battery Grips for Canon Cameras can be found here:
Canon Aftermarket Battery Grips
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
- 72MM HD UV PL FLD FILTER KIT FOR CANON 5D 20D 28-135 :Dublinsnapshots
- LP-E6 Aftermarket Batteries » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- jimmy on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Emm on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Barry on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Emm on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Soike on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Emm on Cheap LAV Mics For DSLR Video
- Kase on Cheap LAV Mics For DSLR Video
- Arturo on Huge Discounts on Edelkrone Modula Systems