A few days ago I received the latest Canon 40mm F/2.8 STM Pancake lens. The lens runs under $200 dollars on B&H (here) and delivers some stunning images. A little dark around the edges on full frame cameras, but it’s very nice and lightweight for traveling photographers. A few people have commented about using it for video, and there’s focus noise that you need to account for.
If you’re shooting with an external audio recorder, or even a remote wireless LAV, you need not be concerned. I’m usually aware of in camera noise that gets picked up, especially when shooting with the loud Image Stabilization motors on the 24-105mm F/4L. The 40mm F/2.8 noise is heard in auto focus and even when the lens is switched to manual focus. If you’re planning on using in camera audio, then check out video.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Bobby on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Joseph on Great Savings on Sennheiser Wireless Mic Systems
- Emm on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- pixcanfly on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- Annette on Canon Camera Money Piggy Bank
- Dan on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Brian on $31 Dollar Sony A7s Cage PreOrder
- Tery Wilson on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?