Canon C300 Digital Video Camera + Red Scarlet X
November 3, 2011
Developing story about Canon’s latest Video Camera over at the Engadget live blog here: http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/03/the-canon-hollywood-event-liveblog/. From the internet they approx
$16,000 $20,000 dollars and available starting January 2012.
And even before the conference is over, Zacuto is already showing it on a basic shooter.
Red also announced their Scarlet which throws out some awesome specs in a sub $10K camera. There’s pricing on a kit around $13K-$14K. Scarlet-X has
a 2/3 an S35 sensor capable of 5k stills and 4K video at 25fps. Lower resolution to 3K enabled 48fps, 2K @ 60fps, and at 1K 120fps. The Red Scarlet is said to begin shipping in just a few weeks. Sounds fairly inexpensive for such a camera, but don’t forget the SSD media you’ll need to shoot with. Those alone can quickly bring the price of shooting up several thousands of dollars. One good point about Canon’s C300 is that the dual CF card slots can be used to have a real time backup of your footage on uber cheap media. How much is that worth to some people?
While RED has made it’s very impressive announcement, Canon still has another 4K concept DSLR body waiting to be unveiled. A mystery DSLR that is sporting the Cinema badge. Engadget writes – promised to be “ideally suited for cinematographic and other digital high-resolution production applications”. Should be shooting at full 4K resolution @ 24p. The current 1DX is already sporting dual CF slots also, so i’m thinking the latest Cxxx DSLR will have the same. Seeing how they announced the 1Dx at about $7K and the new C300 at about $20K, my guess this mystery DSLR will fall somewhere around the $10K mark.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Darren on Sony Full Frame FE Mount Lenses and Adapters for A7/A7R/A7S/A7II Cameras
- Patrick on Sony Full Frame FE Mount Lenses and Adapters for A7/A7R/A7S/A7II Cameras
- Emm on Z1 Rider Mini 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer for GoPro Cameras Review and Sample Footage
- Jack on GoPro HERO4 Overheating Battery BacPac Test 3 – Surprise it may be your Camera
- ronnie on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC
- Felix on REMOVU R1 Live View Remote for GoPro HERO3 / HERO3+ / HERO4
- Gear on Z1 Rider Mini 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer for GoPro Cameras Review and Sample Footage
- Daniel on DIY Your Own Video Monopod – Modified Monopods with Fluid Tripod Foot for Video