Not long ago Canon released a newer version of their popular 24-70mm F/2.8L lens, but at almost double the price of the original version and without Image Stabilization (which many hoped for). Sure, there’s some major differences in the design and in image quality, but not enough for someone like me to spend that extra cash to upgrade. I’m curious if anyone out there has decided on the upgrade, and if you think it was worth it? Leave a comment. One thing I will say is if you shoot Canon, this is one lens you need to have in your bag. If not the version 2, you can still find the many of the version 1 F/2.8L on eBay for a fair price (seen here).
Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L – via eBay
Regardless about my opinion, there is a great price on the new 24-70mm F/2.8L II lens if this is what you’ve been looking at. Normally runs for $2800 dollars (as seen here on Amazon), B&H is running a special today knocking off an extra $500 bucks (check it out here).
Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Close Look Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 / GH4 Cameras
- Adam Jeal on Close Look Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 / GH4 Cameras
- Emm on Unboxing CAME 7500 Ready To Run 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Rodney White on Unboxing CAME 7500 Ready To Run 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- fugenie on Close Look Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 / GH4 Cameras
- Emily Weiss on Close Look Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 / GH4 Cameras
- Emm on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer
- Claus Andersen on Mitakon Lens Turbo Nikon to MFT M43 Micro Four Thirds Adapter