Not long ago Canon released a newer version of their popular 24-70mm F/2.8L lens, but at almost double the price of the original version and without Image Stabilization (which many hoped for). Sure, there’s some major differences in the design and in image quality, but not enough for someone like me to spend that extra cash to upgrade. I’m curious if anyone out there has decided on the upgrade, and if you think it was worth it? Leave a comment. One thing I will say is if you shoot Canon, this is one lens you need to have in your bag. If not the version 2, you can still find the many of the version 1 F/2.8L on eBay for a fair price (seen here).
Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L – via eBay
Regardless about my opinion, there is a great price on the new 24-70mm F/2.8L II lens if this is what you’ve been looking at. Normally runs for $2800 dollars (as seen here on Amazon), B&H is running a special today knocking off an extra $500 bucks (check it out here).
Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- rgbcolor on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- Dan on F&V Metica 7″ HDMI+SDI Plus and SpectraHD 4 EVF
- Bobby on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Joseph on Great Savings on Sennheiser Wireless Mic Systems
- Emm on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- pixcanfly on Affordable Quality Sound AspenMics Lavalier Microphone for DSLR Video
- Annette on Canon Camera Money Piggy Bank
- Dan on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?