Not long ago Canon released a newer version of their popular 24-70mm F/2.8L lens, but at almost double the price of the original version and without Image Stabilization (which many hoped for). Sure, there’s some major differences in the design and in image quality, but not enough for someone like me to spend that extra cash to upgrade. I’m curious if anyone out there has decided on the upgrade, and if you think it was worth it? Leave a comment. One thing I will say is if you shoot Canon, this is one lens you need to have in your bag. If not the version 2, you can still find the many of the version 1 F/2.8L on eBay for a fair price (seen here).
Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L – via eBay
Regardless about my opinion, there is a great price on the new 24-70mm F/2.8L II lens if this is what you’ve been looking at. Normally runs for $2800 dollars (as seen here on Amazon), B&H is running a special today knocking off an extra $500 bucks (check it out here).
Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Digislider Motion Control Time Lapse Motorized Slider Kit Demo
- Rey on Yongnuo YN-300 LED Video Light
- Dan Eckert on Digislider Motion Control Time Lapse Motorized Slider Kit Demo
- damon on New ePhoto R-640 LED Video 18 Inch Ring Light
- mike_tee_vee on NEW DJI Phantom Vision+ Quadcopter Setup for First Flight
- Armando Ferreira on CAME 7000 3 Axis Gimbal First Impression and Demo Video
- Gray on DIY Build 32 Bit Version CAME 7000 3 Axis Brushless Motor Gimbal Stabilizer
- Patrick on Tuning PID Settings for Varavon Birdycam GH4 Camera