Camtree Micro Dolly IGUS Slider with Pulley System
June 21, 2011
Roller bearing sliders have a love/hate relationship. Some people love the smooth no friction action, and some people hate the inconsistencies they might get without friction. Thanks for Martin for tipping me off on this review. YouTube member AYFilms gives us a review of the Camtree Micro Dolly. We’ve all seen IGUS Drylin based sliders, but with this Camtree Micro Dolly version they provide an optional pulley system. They are also using one of the widest rails available from IGUS which handles much better than the smaller and narrower versions.
The IGUS rails work on dry (plastic-like) bearings that actually slide (not roll) across the rail. One thing to keep in mind with these friction sliders is you want to center the weight as best as possible. Too much over the side and you’ll have unequal tension. The pulley system not only offers additional tension to make sliding more consistent, but pulls the carrier from the lowest point to provide less binding. As mentioned in the video, with the pulley crank removed, you’re pretty much 80% the way to making a motorized slider or motion controlled timelapse rig. The Camtree Micro Dolly comes with Pulley system, Quick Release Adapter, and Foam padded Travel Case.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Ant on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card
- Rushdi Baharum on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- chaouchnabil on CAMETV 8000 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer Supports Large and Heavier Camera Systems
- Ivan on Top Reasons to use BlackMagic Design Intensity Extreme Macbook as HDMI Preview Monitor
- Apostolos on NAB 2015 BlackMagic Design Ursa Mini 4.6K
- kicap on Tilta Armorman Gimbal Support Vest
- MarkR on New Upgraded CAME-TV 7800 Model Overview
- kuban on Crazy DEAL – BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera + Lens + Battery + SD Card