Camtree 2000 LED Video Light Panels
February 25, 2012
Mike writes in and asks if anyone has any feedback on a couple of Camtree 2000 LED video light panels. The lights can be powered optionally through a set of V-Mount batteries, are dimmable, and come with a few of colored gels. I don’t know anyone who uses any of the Camtree stuff, so I can’t really speak to the accuracy of color, build quality, or light output. Maybe you guys can chime in.
These look like (2) 1000 LED panels sandwiched into one housing. Personally I don’t know if that’s a good thing if you’re trying to travel and pack down small. It’s almost the same as buying two separate 1000 LED lights and mount them to one stand. If it were up to me, i’d stick with getting two 900 LED light panels which can also be powered via V-Mount batteries and can pack up easier. I’ve pretty much abused a few sets of the lights and only experienced one broken power cord. I guess the wiring inside the cable must have broke, but for the 600 and 900 panels, it’s just a basic 14V DC (laptop type) power cord. Very common to find on eBay.
They do have a 1200 LED light panel version, but unlike the 600 and 900 it requires 24V. This doesn’t make it compatible with V-Mount or any average battery power. I like the option, so I stuck to several 600 and 900 LED panels. The 600 and 900 LED panels are also a bit smaller making them easier to pack in common sized luggage when traveling. All of the lights still work great, so I can safely recommend these over other lights in it’s price range.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Aputure DEC Lens Adapter + Wireless Follow Focus for Canon EF to Sony E-Mount and MFT
- Charlie on Aputure DEC Lens Adapter + Wireless Follow Focus for Canon EF to Sony E-Mount and MFT
- Steven on Auto Pan Video Head with Parallax Video Slider Add-On Track
- Emm on Upgraded CAME-MINI2 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer from CAMETV
- Chris on Upgraded CAME-MINI2 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer from CAMETV
- Joe G. on Nebula 4000 vs DIY 3 Axis Mini Gimbal Frame for GH4 A7s BMPCC
- Tom on Varavon Wirecam Cable Cam System with DJI Ronin-M Gimbal
- Emm on Varavon Wirecam Cable Cam System with DJI Ronin-M Gimbal