BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera – My Final Thoughts
August 22, 2013
Let me start off by apologizing for sooo many BMPCC posts in the last week, but for the record i’m just as tired blogging about the BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera as I am hearing about it. The reason I had to get all of this information out quickly is because yesterday I had to send the little guy back to the www.dvestore.com, and not many other people will have this camera in the coming months.
BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera w/ Canon 70-200mm F/2.8 IS – photo credit Dion Wong
So this should be the last ‘video review’ you’ll get from me for a while. In this video I thought about doing a wrap up and summary of things you already knew and some things you probably didn’t know about the BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera.
There will of course be many occasions (at least for me) where ProRes and RAW are just overkill for storage and post work, so other small cameras like the Panasonic GH3 (sale ends in two weeks BTW) or Canon 5D Mark III are more beneficial offering high quality with smaller file sizes and longer battery life. The BMPC camera also does not double duty as a fast stills camera, so many will still end up carrying a second body around just for that reason.
Keiko Alingas w/ @GearAddix BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera Shoot – photo credit Dion Wong
I’m not saying this isn’t a a great camera, in fact i’m still excited for my Pocket Cinema Cameras to arrive. I think the size, quality, features, and price of this camera make it a tool that many professionals would love to have available to them. If you can afford the BPMC and the few items it requires to work smoothly, then by all means go for it. If they unlock the RAW features, this camera will be (dare I say) ‘a game changer’. I think i’ll end this article here since most of my thoughts are already added in the video (above).
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-MINI2 Gimbal Settings – Keeping your Camera’s Horizon Level and Manage Calibration
- Nathan on CAME-TV CAME-MINI2 Gimbal Settings – Keeping your Camera’s Horizon Level and Manage Calibration
- jerseyeditor on MANFROTTO 504HD Fluid Head & MVT535AQ Aluminum Video Tripod Kit One Day Deal
- Swiss on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Louis on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- MovieBuff on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Joe on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording
- Emm on Sony’s latest A6300 APS-C Camera with 4K Internal Recording