According to BlackMagic Design, the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K is now shipping at a new low price of US$2,995. This new low price will be available for all customers, including existing pre-orders. The Production Camera 4K is a Super 35 sensor with Global Shutter.
About Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
Blackmagic Production Camera 4K is a super high resolution 4K digital production camera for Ultra HD television production. Featuring a large Super 35 sensor, professional global shutter as well as EF and ZE compatible lens mount, the Blackmagic Production Camera 4K captures high quality ProRes™ files, giving customers a complete solution to shoot amazing high resolution music videos, episodic television productions, television commercials, sport and documentaries.
The Blackmagic Production Camera 4K has everything customers need right out of the box including a built in SSD recorder, rechargeable battery and a large 5” LCD touchscreen. In addition to focusing and monitoring shots, the touchscreen also lets customers enter metadata and change camera settings all on a single easy to use interface. Customers also get a full copy of DaVinci Resolve for amazing quality color grading and finishing for Mac OS X and Windows computers.
Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution
ProRes 422 (HQ)™ recording
Super 35 sensor
EF and ZE compatible lens mount
Built-in SSD recorder
5” LCD touchscreen
6G-SDI output for 10-bit HD and Ultra HD
Availability and Price
The Blackmagic Production Camera 4K is available now for US$2,995 from Blackmagic Design resellers. Check out more detailed specs following the product link below via B&H. I didn’t find any price chafes from the original $3995, but any pre-orders should have the price adjusted before it ships. They claim that they are starting to ship today.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Sam on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer First Look
- pepe on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer First Look
- LB on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer First Look
- Emm on Record Backup Audio Tracks with the ALZO 3.5 Female to XLR Stereo Adapter Cord
- ElBurke on Record Backup Audio Tracks with the ALZO 3.5 Female to XLR Stereo Adapter Cord
- Sam on Varavon BirdyCam 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer Ships July 1st
- Emm on LIBEC ALLEX S Tripod + Video Fluid Head + Slider Kit
- J Toha on LIBEC ALLEX S Tripod + Video Fluid Head + Slider Kit