BlackBird DSLR Video Camera Stabilizer
April 8, 2011
First off, sorry on this one. This little stabilizer was a tough one to talk about. There’s so many different features on this stabilizer, it’s mind blowing. I had to totally skip any mention about balancing it and just spent several minutes going over the different parts. If you want to learn about balancing, the BlackBird comes with an instructional DVD as well as a full booklet with lots of pretty pictures. It almost doesn’t matter where you start by placing your camera, you’ll always have more than enough lateral to compensate and center the camera to balance. Weather has been very spotty here and i’ve been caught up with other projects to really get something good online about this one.
In any case, here’s a quick look and a few first time samples. There’s no denying the resemblance of the design to other stabilizers on the market, but of the ones I’ve used (and i’ve used quite a few), none of them has as many different options or features as this. One thing I mention most on this blog about stabilizers, is that I find stabilizers work best when they are ‘loaded up’ to their max weight. This stabilizer has even been specifically designed to balance both super light and heavier cameras by adding in the Gimbal extension. Dropping the Gimbal allows the stabilizer to become extremely ‘less bottom heavy’, thus able to support light weight cameras. The unique ‘adjustable friction gimbal’ also adds to that same purpose. It’s well designed, fairly priced against it’s competitors, but definitely the most fully featured of the bunch all similar to this design. You might also want to check out the other video demo in this article: http://cheesycam.com/dslr-video-stabilizer-blackbird/.
You can find more information about the BlackBird Stabilizer at their website: http://www.camotionllc.com/
The BlackBird stabilizer can also be found at B&H below
BlackBird Camera Stabilizer by Camera Motion Research
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
- OliviaTech » Steadicam + BlackBird + Electric SkateBoard
- Steadicam BlackBird Stabilizer on Electric SkateBoard » CheesyCam
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Harry on Panasonic GH4 4K Camera $-200 OFF
- Emm on Tascam DR-70D Audio Recorder w Stereo Mics 4 XLR Inputs
- Alex Talis on Panasonic GH4 4K Camera $-200 OFF
- Emm on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?
- Emm on CAMETV 7500 with GH4 + Rokinon Fisheye Lens
- Emm on Unboxing the CAME-TV 7500 7800 RTR 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizers
- Petter Sand on CAMETV 7500 with GH4 + Rokinon Fisheye Lens
- AO&JO Photography on CAMETV 7800 Gimbal Tricks – How Stable Is It?