Better focusing DLSR video
February 27, 2010
The above video was shot at night while we were hanging out in Emeryville, Ca waiting to pick someone up from the train station. Two things I want to point out in this video. First off i’m using the BodyPod that I created not too long ago. The camera used in the video is the 5D Mark II + Battery grip + Canon 85mm F/1.2. If anyone knows this setup it’s a beast and quite heavy. The DIY BodyPod camera stabilizer (for it’s small discreet size) really met it’s purpose, and i’m excited to start making a carbon fiber version that’s even lighter and smaller. Next, I wanted to point out that in this video I’m shooting at 85mm at F/1.2 and if you know that aperture + distance it’s super hard to keep something in focus. What helped me out with the whole F/1.2 at 85mm was using the LCDVF loupe. If you don’t have one ‘Get One’! You’ll have better focus as these loupes are designed to Magnify the image on the LCD. Giving you better view of what pixels are in focus. The best LCD ViewFinder loupe going today is the Zacuto Z-Finder (below), but if you can’t afford that, you can get the LCDVF from www.jag35.com.
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- Jason on Mounting the DJI Zenmuse X5 to the DJI Inspire 1
- Art Sanchez on CAME-TV CAME-SINGLE + PilotFly H1 + NEBULA 4000 Comparisons
- russell on First Problems with GoPro Hero4 4K Camera – Dangerous Battery?
- Rodney on CAME-TV GoPro 3 Axis Gimbal with Encoders
- T2 on Zeus Cage for Sony A7sII and Sony A7rII Cameras
- Emm on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera
- Brent on Reasons to Upgrade to the new Sony A7sII Camera