Benton from BentonCollins.com commented on this article I posted http://cheesycam.com/latest-led-video-lights-for-dslr-video/, stating that he is currently using these very same 500 LED light panels outdoors for 10 new Head & Shoulder commercial shoots. I was really interested in his setup, so he sent in a link to the image above. If you took a peek at Benton’s website you’ll see some real credibility that this guy really knows his lighting. Wow, that’s a really cool lightweight setup there for a location shoot both in lighting and audio. If you look closely, the 500 LED panel is mounted to the same Tripod as the camera, and then some clever arm is holding the shotgun microphone. You can see how far the 500 LED panel is from where the subject would stand proving to still be effective at that range, and there’s an added reflector for some additional fill. The 500 LED panel looks like it’s powered by a Paul Buff Vagabond power pack. Very cool setup, and glad someone can help ’shed some light’ (no pun intended) on how ‘cool’ (as in temperature and as in trend like) these LED light panels are for both indoor and outdoor use. Thanks Benton can’t wait to see more BTS and the final video when it’s released.
Might be of interest, not sure if it’s any good.
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- John on 312 / 508 / 876 LED Video Light Overview
- Emm on RedRock Micro One Man Crew + Kessler Parallax Slider + $10 DIY Version
- Damian on RedRock Micro One Man Crew + Kessler Parallax Slider + $10 DIY Version
- mark fraunhofer on Varavon Slider Crank Handle Upgrade Kit
- Emm on Testing Streaming Video to Wireless Monitor
- Thomas on Steadicam Merlin Vest with Glidecam HD1000 / HD2000 / HD4000 Stabilizers
- Don on Testing Streaming Video to Wireless Monitor
- Emm on Cheap Video Stabilizer Load Vest
Black Friday Deals - Advertisement