Over at WPPI Benro displayed some of their new Benro Video Tripods along with their new S2, S4, and S6 video fluid heads. The unique bit about each video tripod is a half bowl leveling base that sits above the center column. Much like a bowl mount tripod, this gives you the ability to quickly level your shots without bending over and fussing with individual legs. This feature is much appreciated when you have a heavy rig thrown on your tripod. The benefit to the Benro design of course is to still retain the raised center column that gives you extra height without adding overall length when the tripods are folded up.
These new Benro leveling tripods look pretty good, but unfortunately according to Benro the new Video Tripods come as a kit and can’t be purchased separately from the heads. Of course, if you wanted to achieve this leveling base with your existing tripod, you could add on this Manfrotto 438 compact leveling base (found here).
The new Benro Video Tripods are already available in both Aluminum or Carbon Fiber legs found via B&H (click here).
Benro Leveling Tripods with S2, S4, S6 Video Fluid Head
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
SEE the NEW GoPro HERO4 4K Video Cameras
Sandisk Announces Largest SDXC Card in the World - 512GB
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Alain Wong on SanDisk Extreme PRO SDHC/SDXC UHS-II Memory Card for 4K Video Recording
- Emm on Rokinon 300mm Mirror Lens Review for Micro Four Thirds HD Video Samples
- Mon Juan on Rokinon 300mm Mirror Lens Review for Micro Four Thirds HD Video Samples
- Emm on Cheap Padded Backpack for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Carrying Case
- Bob Peak on Cheap Padded Backpack for DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Carrying Case
- Bob Peak on GoPro Hero4 4K 30FPS Action Camera
- Luke Kwan on GoPro Hero4 4K 30FPS Action Camera
- Apostolos on GoPro Hero4 4K 30FPS Action Camera