Over the weekend I spent a day shooting with a new BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera out at Monterey, CA. This time around I was prepared with 6 batteries and over 200GB of space with compatible SDHC cards. Needless to say, my time spent with the camera was much more pleasant than my very first experience. The video below is an example of the footage straight from the camera along with an image that had basic contrast + saturation added.
The shots were mostly handheld, with an LCD ViewFinder (not yet released product) attached to help me with focusing and while working in bright daylight. An LCD ViewFinder is a must have with this camera! Below is the same video without the ProRes crop.
I had a pretty decent idea of the lenses I wanted to take out with me, so I settled on just the Panasonic 20mm F/1.7 pancake, Panasonic 12-35mm F/ 2.8 OIS, and Rokinon 7.5mm Fisheye. BMPC users on a budget should really look into the Rokinon 7.5mm Fisheye and the 12-35mm F/2.8 as part of their everyday kit. The fisheye doesn’t look overly distorted and offers a decent wide view angle for cheap money, while the Panasonic 12-35mm F/2.8 OIS is a great overall lens that will offer fairly stable shots completely hand held.
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Keith Moreau on Unboxing CAME 7500 Ready To Run 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Connor on F&V R-300 LED Video Ring Light Softbox Kit
- Emm on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer
- Simon on How To Balance CAME H4 Hand Held Stabilizer or Any Stabilizer
- Jesse Lee on Unboxing CAME 7500 Ready To Run 3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer
- Dan on Rode invisiLav Discreet Lavalier Mounting System
- Adam Jeal on Close Look Varavon Armor Cage for Panasonic GH3 / GH4 Cameras
- Jason on Custom Fancier 717 Fluid Head Quick Release – Teaser