Aftermarket Panasonic GH3 Battery vs OEM Battery
March 20, 2013
The Aftermarket Panasonic GH3 Batteries arrived about a week ago. It took just a little over two weeks for shipping, and the first test was to see if there was a battery meter displayed in the GH3. As you can see below there is a battery meter being displayed.
The second thing I did was to place them on my Panasonic OEM Chargers. The green light was on to indicate charging and after about an hour, the green light was off indicating it was fully charged. I threw another set on the chargers and all appears normal so far.
I’m sure a few people are curious about these aftermarket batteries, so I decided to run a little test. During my time lapse test, the aftermarket batteries lasted 3.5 hours with continuous shooting every 3 seconds. The DMW-BLF19 OEM Battery lasted about 5 hours 40 minutes. Obviously the OEM batteries give more run time, but at a cost of about 8x more than the aftermarket. For myself i’m happy with these results, but whether you want to use aftermarket batteries, i’ll leave that up to you. I ordered these via eBay and can be found (Here).
Aftermarket Panasonic GH3 Batteries with Charger
Popular Gear / Equipment Deals / Industry News
Amazon Black Friday Deals Available Now
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Sony RX100 Mark II Portable Macro Setup
- Jon on NEW Sony Alpha a7II with 5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Stabilization
- chris on SD Error microSDXC Card Requirements GoPro HERO4
- Luca Olivari on Sony RX100 Mark II Portable Macro Setup
- Mike M. on Thanksgiving Holiday Sale AspenMics Lavalier Microphones
- David Peterson on Thanksgiving Holiday Sale AspenMics Lavalier Microphones
- Emm on Thanksgiving Holiday Sale AspenMics Lavalier Microphones
- Steve B on Thanksgiving Holiday Sale AspenMics Lavalier Microphones