Aftermarket Panasonic GH3 Battery vs OEM Battery
March 20, 2013
The Aftermarket Panasonic GH3 Batteries arrived about a week ago. It took just a little over two weeks for shipping, and the first test was to see if there was a battery meter displayed in the GH3. As you can see below there is a battery meter being displayed.
The second thing I did was to place them on my Panasonic OEM Chargers. The green light was on to indicate charging and after about an hour, the green light was off indicating it was fully charged. I threw another set on the chargers and all appears normal so far.
I’m sure a few people are curious about these aftermarket batteries, so I decided to run a little test. During my time lapse test, the aftermarket batteries lasted 3.5 hours with continuous shooting every 3 seconds. The DMW-BLF19 OEM Battery lasted about 5 hours 40 minutes. Obviously the OEM batteries give more run time, but at a cost of about 8x more than the aftermarket. For myself i’m happy with these results, but whether you want to use aftermarket batteries, i’ll leave that up to you. I ordered these via eBay and can be found (Here).
Aftermarket Panasonic GH3 Batteries with Charger
Leave a Comment
Recent Comments on Cheesycam
- Emm on Manfrotto Compatible Quick Release Adapter
- Emm on DIY 3D Printed Filter Clamp for Cinema Prime Lenses WonderPana Filter Holder
- Sidd on DJI Black Friday Deals Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 Pro
- Emm on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime
- Erik on Rokinon 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens vs new Rokinon XEEN 85mm T1.5 Cine Prime
- ronn on Rokinon 135mm T2.2 Cine DS Lens Sale
- Anmol Mishra on Manfrotto Compatible Quick Release Adapter
- VanWeddings on Preorder SLR Magic 50mm F/1.1 Cine Prime Lens for Sony E Mount